Florida Water

lark

One of the readers at the fair where I work gave me the gift of a bottle of Florida Water Cologne.
It has a beautiful sent of cinnamon, oranges and florals.
It is sold in the grocery store in the Mexican food section usually next to the big Sacred Heart, Jesus, Mary candles.
My friend uses this water to cleanse negative energy.
He puts it in a little squirt bottle and sprays it when and where he needs it, to cleanse his area, cards, crystals, ect.
He is Hispanic and he says that although it was developed as a cologne many years ago it has developed the reputation of being a very powerful cleanser for negative energy.

I was just wondering if anyone else has heard of Florida Water.
Or if you use it.
I truly love the smell and have put some in a little squirt bottle myself.
I would love to hear any more of the folklore that surrounds this product.

dolphinprincess

I"ve never heard of this - but I think "intent" has a lot to do with clearing negative energy. Scent always evokes such powerful feelings - which is why I think incense works so well.

Just listening to you talk about how the smell makes you feel, it sounds like this is a great use for the 'cologne'.. :)

lark

Yes intent is so imortant.
And besides the smell being so nice and uplifting it was a thoughtful gift of friendship that makes it very special to me.

Funny thing is it is produced by Goya Foods.
I think I'll do a search maybe they have something to say about it if they have a web site.

skytwig

Yes, intent may be part of it, but I believe some things are simply more pure or more impregnated with natural elements that are good for that intent.

For instance, Nag Champa is a favorite incense for healers and Witches because it has proven to be very enhancing to healing work.... Incense really does vary.... cheap incense tends to have alot of 'junk' in it that can send out 'bad' vibes.... Anyone who works with aromatherapy will understand that.

As far as water goes, we have a water source for our drinking water that is a virtual giant bowl of smokey quartz!! Can you imagine?? I looooove our water.

I thought of that immediately when you wrote about the Florida water.... it would be interesting to see exactly where the water originates.....

lark

skytwig said:
Yes, intent may be part of it, but I believe some things are simply more pure or more impregnated with natural elements that are good for that intent.

For instance, Nag Champa is a favorite incense for healers and Witches because it has proven to be very enhancing to healing work.... Incense really does vary.... cheap incense tends to have alot of 'junk' in it that can send out 'bad' vibes.... Anyone who works with aromatherapy will understand that.

As far as water goes, we have a water source for our drinking water that is a virtual giant bowl of smokey quartz!! Can you imagine?? I looooove our water.

I thought of that immediately when you wrote about the Florida water.... it would be interesting to see exactly where the water originates.....
Hi Skytwig!
They do have a website but not a word about Florida Water.
I understand what you are saying.
If something over time takes on the tradition of being healing and purifying, as this cologne has, and your example of Nag Champa, there is a reason for it.
That's what I'd like to know, the history behind it.
It has such a beautiful smell, like nothing I've smelt before.
Very uplifting.
I feel it elevates the vibrational level in the room.
Or maybe my vibrational level because I'm so happy to smell it. :)

A water bowl of smokey quartz!
You are very lucky to be drinking that water!

September Pixie

can you buy this online anywhere? It sounds interesting.

hyatt

hello all - i just moved to florida. i'll be on the look out for it.

lark

Thank you so much September Pixie thats it!
Mine looks just like the bottle on the left.
And recipes so we can see just what it's made of.
Wonderful!
If you click on 'rituals of home protection ect.' there is a whole page of traditional uses.
Very interesting reading.

It looks like it would be expensive to make at home there are so many different oils in it.
Here it cost about $3.00 a bottle.

Thanks once again I'm going to bookmark it and show it to my friend.

September Pixie

if you click on the link to buy it, it gives 2 sizes:

Florida Water
A cologne used for spiritual services, purification, and cleansing.
7 1/2 oz. glass bottle, $6.00
2 oz. glass bottle, $3.00.

:) there were tons of other sites that came up when I was searching... maybe you can find it cheaper on one of them :)