Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Joseph Vargo's Gothic Tarot Book

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Gothic Tarot

Citizen

Adjustment 
Citizen

I found out Vargo's Gothic Tarot Book will be here on May 15

http://www.monolithgraphics.com/pages/tarot.html
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #21
An strange animal

annik 
An strange animal

And we can already order it. I can't wait to see what Mr. Vargo have to say on his deck!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #22
Citizen

Rede Seeker 
Citizen
The Gothic Tarot Compendium

My copy arrived a few days ago. Well worth the wait and price. I recommend requesting the author/artist sign your copy if you order one.

One disappointment - the photos of the cards are all in black and white. Vargo does add commentary on his colorized cards. I wish he had discussed them as a grouping. Is there a significance to them as a set or are the colorized cards intended to stand-alone?
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #23
The last in line

Disa 
The last in line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rede Seeker
I wish he had discussed them as a grouping. Is there a significance to them as a set or are the colorized cards intended to stand-alone?
Well, I ordered mine today, along with another set of cards just because. I'm wondering what your post means.. does the book not correspond with the cards? I thought that was the point of the book and the reason I decided to order it?

I was looking forward to working with them more as I'm getting into the spirit of Halloween quite early this year- and Fall seems to be the perfect time to work with them.

Disa
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #24
student of tarot

rwcarter 
student of tarot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disa
Well, I ordered mine today, along with another set of cards just because. I'm wondering what your post means.. does the book not correspond with the cards? I thought that was the point of the book and the reason I decided to order it?

I was looking forward to working with them more as I'm getting into the spirit of Halloween quite early this year- and Fall seems to be the perfect time to work with them.

Disa
Hi Disa,

The cards themselves are color. The cards when shown in the book are in black and white. I believe what the other poster meant was that it would have been nice if Vargo had explicitly discussed, for example, if there were some relationship between the red cards in the deck - Knight Swords, all of the Aces, 3 Swords, Emperor, Justice, Death, Temperance, etc.

Rodney
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #25
The last in line

Disa 
The last in line

Oh I see. Thank you.

Most books do have the cards printed in black and white, so I was confused.

Disa
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #26
Citizen

Phantom Goddess 
Citizen

I just got this book, and while I love it and am soooo pleased to see it come to pass I just have one little problem with it.

I wish they had given the reversal meanings for the cards.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #27
Citizen

Silverlyn 
Citizen

Smile difference between GT books?

Hi.

I was wondering what the differences are between the little booklet that apparently comes with The GT, and the larger book you have to buy separately?

Is the little book informative enough to where you can get buy without the big book?

Silverlyn
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #28
believer in magic

Sulis 
believer in magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlyn
Hi.

I was wondering what the differences are between the little booklet that apparently comes with The GT, and the larger book you have to buy separately?

Is the little book informative enough to where you can get buy without the big book?

Silverlyn
There is a thread about the Vargo Gothic Tarot book over in the Tarot Books and Media forum: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=78270
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #29

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.