The De-Enabling Thread

Apocalipstick

I really don't see that de-enabling happening. This is slippery slope I'm on.

First the VR, then the FMT, and before you know it it'll just be me, my 600 decks and my cats all in one crooked little house.

Apocalipstick

jackdaw* said:
Cardstock cardstock cardstock.
Is it better or worse than the Healing Earth? If you haven't handled that, how about the Scapini--the card stock on that is giving me fits.

There may be hope here.

Debra

Apocalipstick said:
First the VR, then the FMT, and before you know it it'll just be me, my 600 decks and my cats all in one crooked little house.

and your point is?

Apocalipstick

Debra said:
and your point is?
Well, I'm sure there was one but all the pretty pictures I've been looking at in hopes of finding something wrong with them have clouded my judgement.

Little Hare

thanks everyone :D i don't feel the need to buy the golden

:heart:

Cocobird55

Sorry, Apocalipstick. They are two of my favorite decks, so I can't help you.

magpie9

Apocalipstick said:
Hey!!! Have you been looking in my windows??!!

*Magpie clutches ratty chenille robe and scurries to the window, peers out*

gregory

Apocalipstick said:
Is it better or worse than the Healing Earth? If you haven't handled that, how about the Scapini--the card stock on that is giving me fits.

There may be hope here.
Not as bad as Healing Earth - sorry. (What's wrong with the Scapini ?)

But - I find both these pretty but not very tarot-ish - they feel like the tarot side was sort of added on to the art work (which I admit is lovely.) I am glad I have them, but I wouldn't suggest anyone else buy them. The BBC, now - of THAT I shall soon have 3 versions........ (sorry...)

fall_guy

gregory said:
But - I find both these pretty but not very tarot-ish - they feel like the tarot side was sort of added on to the art work (which I admit is lovely.)
Yes, I agree with this too (I have the FMT, but quickly realised it wasn't for me).

I think you need to bear in mind that the images used are not tarot related, rather they have been selected (and manipulated) to convey the RWS meanings. Although I think both decks are very pretty and well made, for me I can't get past the notion that they are 'artificial' decks (I felt the same about the Golden Tarot too).

Jewel

Apocalipstick said:
I really don't see that de-enabling happening. This is slippery slope I'm on.

Just move to the crooked house. Like someone said we are good but not magicians. I own the Gold VR and the FMT. I never expected to fall for the VR the way I did, so I cannot help de-enable you at all regarding that deck, it reads like a dream, and I find to be very intuitive and very much a tarot deck. It adds additional perspective to the traditional RWS meanings. Sorry can't help you.

Now the FMT, I might be able to help some. Of the 4 MR decks I own it is my least favorite of them. Again like most MR decks I find it to be a good Tarot deck that expands on traditional RWS meanings, but I find it to be a very objective deck, and a little cold for some reason that I cannot pin point. I will probably use it more for career type readings than any other kind. So for me it is going to turn out to be of limited use (I think *LOL*). In all fairness I have not really spent much time with the deck because I cannot seem to put the VR down. If you have to choose between the two go for the VR.

As for the cardstock, both decks have very flexible cardstock which I find very easy to shuffle, particularly since the cards a little large (makes for easy riffle shuffling). I have been using my Golden VR A LOT, and it still looks as new as it did when I got it in December.