The De-Enabling Thread

Jewel

magpie9 said:
Accidentaly???
I am sure she was forced to participate in the auction *LOL*
magpie9 said:
The Deviant Moon is striking, and very tempting to me, too--but isn't pre- ordering a bit hasty? What if yo get it and hate it, or it's unreadable?
Hasty??? us??? on AT???? nahhhhhhhh! If she/he doesn't like it we always have the trading forum, I mean is that not what it is for? *ROPFLMAO*. (I also pre-ordered it)

Nevermore were you wanting to be de-enabled from the Magical Forest? OK here is the low down, it is almost identical to the RWS, but uses cute little cuddly animals with huge eyes instead of people. Personally I love the deck as it totally cracks me up, I am a big "Over The Hedge" fan, and this deck reminds me of Hammy the squirrel (my favorite character) so I had to have it. But seriously, if you do not have a Hammy addiction like I do, and you do have a RWS deck, then you really don't NEED this one. But it does crack me up ....

OK I will kick myself out of this thread now and save you all the trouble ...

Vesper

I'm still recovering from "chills the blood down to perfect drinking temperature"

Magpie, you don't need the Bohemian Gothic. You are all kinds of spooky, all by yourself! (But surely you remember Pugsey and Wednesday from The Adams Family? Ye jest, do ye not?)

magpie9

Yes, I do remember them both now, with your prompt...thank you! And the MRI said no changes except due to normal ageing......mutter mutter....

sashie

Can someone de-enable The UFO Tarot and Lo Scarabeo?

Debra

UFO tarot.

Personally, I can't think of anything more useless.

It's not about us, it's not about about them (since we don't know if there IS a "them" and if there is, what they are like).

Also, it's ugly.

Rent some old sci fi movies or Twilight Zone episodes and forget about the deck.

shadowbane

i think I need de-enabling
Rohrig healing with the faeries and another deck now i hadnt thought of these decks but on sleeping the decks were subliminally in my head now the images wont budge. help me before i turn into a robot!

thorhammer

If you've never had a Thoth based deck before, the Rohrig will be a big challenge . . . reading your profile, it might be a bit much, since you say you're not getting along well with anything much apart from the ZF. Rohrig is also very abstract and full of thinly veiled sexual connotations, which become tiresome quickly. Cards are hard to tell apart from one another. The backs are the nicest part.

*goes off to choke and hug Rohrig* :D

\m/ Kat

WolfSpirit

sashie said:
Can someone de-enable The UFO Tarot and Lo Scarabeo?

The Lo Scarabeo:
it was supposed to be a blend of three traditions: RWS, Thoth and Marseilles.
However, Marseilles is only marginally present in the deck - if you are not familiar with the Marseilles, you will miss the references all together.
So - what remains are Thoth and RWS. Your profile says you have the Liber T which is a good Thoth-based deck. And the Magical Forest which is RWS based.
So you don't need a deck that has a bit of both, you already have it all.
Hope this helps ;)

SolSionnach

Rohrig - skeevy 1970s airbrush art + collage - way too many breasts hanging out in the margins for no good reason, and Knight of Cups (Is that the one?) card with mingled girl and boy parts all over (gotta hide that one when the relatives come over) - creepy fool card, HUGE keywords, HUGE cards - ick. ick. ick.

IMO, of course! I had 2 copies (was gifted one by a friend) and sold both of them. blech.

Sidhe-Ra

shadowbane said:
i think I need de-enabling
Rohrig healing with the faeries and another deck now i hadnt thought of these decks but on sleeping the decks were subliminally in my head now the images wont budge. help me before i turn into a robot!

Healing with the Fairies is A) By Doreen Virtue, who wouldn't know a real Faery if it bit her on the bum.
B) Looks like it's by an assortment of different artists, which is something publisher's do to get decks out quickly and make money- it is purely a commercial enterprise.
C) Twee, twee, twee!

Em x