The De-Enabling Thread

Fulgour

WolfSpirit... you... here... (I'm so busted!) aargh
but but but

lark

Re: Tarot of the Mermaids

Phantom Goddess said:
I am looking at buying this deck... if you can talk me out of it.

Tarot of the Mermaids (illustrated by Mauro De Luca)
It has a "big" Dolly Parton factor.

Phantom Goddess

Re: Re: Tarot of the Mermaids

lark said:

Things like that really don't bother me all that much. Besides its really really cheap.

lark

Re: Re: Re: Tarot of the Mermaids

Phantom Goddess said:
Things like that really don't bother me all that much. Besides its really really cheap.
How cheap?
And where?
It doesn't bother me either, but sometimes that makes a deck not a good deck to read for others with because they are sensative to alot of nudity.

Eco74

Re: Re: Re: Tarot of the Mermaids

Phantom Goddess said:

So, you're buying it Why exactly??

Do you really really want this deck or is this the cheapscate-factor talking? Be honest now, and after finding a reply, look through your collection and see if you really need to add another deck in there.
If you can't remember the decks you have by name, it's not the time to get another...

TygrEyes

Re: Re: Tarot of the Mermaids

lark said:

How realistic is THAT! If they were built like that there'd be no questioning their existence - they'd all be bobbing on the ocean's surface like buoys!!!! You don't want something so far from the truth, do you?

Phantom Goddess

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tarot of the Mermaids

Eco74 said:
So, you're buying it Why exactly??

Do you really really want this deck or is this the cheapscate-factor talking? Be honest now, and after finding a reply, look through your collection and see if you really need to add another deck in there.
If you can't remember the decks you have by name, it's not the time to get another...

I only have three decks to date. Besides it was an ebay auction and it was $2.75. I didn't get to it though, it closed and I didn't realize it. Oh well, who ever got it will most likely be happy with it.

RedMaple

Ok, so what do you do when the Buy Button won't work?

I tried to buy the Golden several times, and the Tarot gods apparently decided it isn't for me. Everytime I pressed the button, it took me to my cart, but no Golden. Finally I went back and looked at the cards and thought, well, of course, they are way too Christian for my taste.

But that was waaaay too de-enabling for me. :D

littlehermit

De-enable me, please - part of me is itching to pick up a little Universal Waite to carry around in my purse and study... but I already have one deck I haven't started journalling yet, and the next deck I really want is a TdeM! And I don't have a real job yet and my credit card's maxed out! Make me be good, please.

Eco74

littlehermit said:
De-enable me, please - part of me is itching to pick up a little Universal Waite to carry around in my purse and study... but I already have one deck I haven't started journalling yet, and the next deck I really want is a TdeM!

Getting yet another deck before you even bother spending time with one you already have AND when you know you really want another one is not only insulting to the deck you already have AND the deck you know you really want, but that darling little Universal Waite too.

Get it only when you have a perfectly clear concience about it all and not a single solitary second sooner.