Revelations Tarot

jayde

I'm really interested in the Revelations Tarot that's recently come out. It's so beautiful! And I really like the reverse representations. Can anyone who has this deck give me some technical info about it? Like, how's the cardstock (thick, glossy, etc.)? Is it the size of a normal tarot deck?

Thank you!

Sulis

Hi Jayde,

Welcome to the forums. You may find this thread interesting:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=25676&page=1&pp=40&highlight=adflatus

Love

Sulis xx

Starlily

Hi Jayde. The cardstock is good. The cards are very glossy and are easy to shuffle--a nice size for your hands. I am finding it to be a very honest deck. The accompanying book is well done. It explains the cards well in clear language without being overly esoteric. It also points out some of the intricate art work details. The set, like the Gilded Tarot, also comes with a gauzy black bag to keep the cards in. It's a wonderful deck for anyone interested in working with reversals. I've had some very potent readings with this deck.

sunflowr

I'm really disappointed. I can't order online (no Credit Card), so I rely on stores getting items in. I ordered this deck from Borders over 2 weeks ago, plus called several other stores. They all said they would let me know as soon as it is in.

No calls.

So I called today. Borders is now saying that something is coming up weird on the computer. That the deck supply is run out or out of print or something and won't be available again for 3 to 6 months! (???)

The other store I called (Bodhi Tree, on Melrose Ave) had said they were getting theirs in any day. 2 weeks later, I call and they can't even find it on their computer now. :(

Barnes and Noble still cant theirs either.

At this point, I'm afraid to have my friend order it off Amazon, because what if I keep getting emails saying "one more month, one more month". ;p I dont want to pay money and then wait months for the shipment.

What's up with this?

Cerulean

and if they have enough after filling their preorders, they can accept a check and ship it to you. It's about twenty-five dollars there, and I noticed the publisher, Llewellyn, is charging about the same amount.

http://www.tarotgarden.com/boutique/preorders.html

Good luck with your order.

Cerulean

zachlost

sunflowr wrote:At this point, I'm afraid to have my friend order it off Amazon, because what if I keep getting emails saying "one more month, one more month". ;p I dont want to pay money and then wait months for the shipment.

What's up with this?

sounds like terrible customer service to me :)

from the forums here, it would appear Amazon is delivering them rather successfully (I haven't gotten around to asking my publisher how they are doing through direct sales).

I remember having great difficulty obtaining things online when I didn't have a credit card, oh so many years ago. These days the banks are asking me if i want to increase my limit (NO!). I'd encourage you to ask your friends to get it for you (knock them up for an early birthday present? lol) :D

I hope you enjoy it. It is a bummer to hear you're getting poor customer service :(

Asael

Quote:At this point, I'm afraid to have my friend order it off Amazon, because what if I keep getting emails saying "one more month, one more month". ;p I dont want to pay money and then wait months for the shipment.

Well, Amazon can't charge anyone involved until they actually ship the item. I placed an order for this item the wee hours of this morning (16 May 2005). The Amazon site indicated that the cards would ship on the 17th. That remains to be seen, but I'll let you know if I have any problems with that. Have you checked to see if the Publisher has a sales option on their webpage? I would suspect that if there is a shortage, the publisher would provide the shortest wait/backorder.

Kyrea Gold

hi - i ordered this deck last week and it shipped from amazon within a day and i used the free shipping option. it's a wonderful deck and i really like the book too :)

kyrea

Asael

Thank you, Kyrea, for the update. I had begun to worry that I may be waiting weeks or months for these beautiful cards. Although, if there are problems with some retailers, I think I might put in a second order so that I can have a deck to give my ex-girlfriend as a graduation gift. I sent her to the site last night as well and she loved the cards, but can't afford her own deck at the moment.

Until the cards get here, every day I check the mail is going to feel like Christmas morning as a child.

Kiama

I've only seen the deck from the website, so I don't have the advantage of having used the deck at all...

But it really reminds me of the Sacred Rose Tarot, by Johanna Garguilo-Sherman! Maybe it's the bright, jewelled colours, or the eyes, or the art style itself, but it bears some similarities.

Not sure I'd buy it myself. Looks too much like a clone to me - nothing new. Just a pretty face.

Kiama