Proud New Owner: The Rock Art Tarot

Satori

Ah yes.
I dazzled you with my posts about a year ago RE: The Merits of the Whimsical Tarot and now, straight from the East Coast comes the newest in elf's Tarot passions, The I Love the Rock Art Tarot!

It arrived today, nicely packaged and Gregory your name is framed and hung in a place of honor here in the homestead! ;)

But even with the oh-so-bright felt pen colorings of Jerry Roelen the power of the petroglyph shines thru!

Awesome deck. I love it. I feel a very profound connection to our greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandparents, the shapers not of the constitution but of our genetic heritage!!

Powerful stuff. Love this deck.

thankyou Gregory.

Satori

-I really don't mind the bright colors, or the felt tip marker lines. Lends a sort of folk art simplicity to the already primitive drawings.

-I'm captivated by the images.
They arrest the attention in a very interesting way, such that you are wondering what they were thinking with every image. Trying hard not to look at the book just yet and see what I can make out just from my own persepctive.

Example:
Card XIII Transformation
Two long arms ending in long strange fingers coming out of the head of a figure. Figure has arms and stumpy feet....

What is this?
I love it, but what is it? Transformation is a great keyword, because I don't know what it is and I don't know what it will be...but it definitely is changing.

My thinking is a huge mental evolution.
The mind reaching beyond the limits of skull, cerebral fluid and grey matter/tissue.
Actually trying to fly free of the confines of what you are to reach out and become something....else.
Such that the body is no longer important, at all. What is important is the process of reaching out mentally....

Citrin

I love that deck. :) I haven't read an awful lot with it since I got it a few months ago, but just a few days ago I picked it up and looked through the cards.

That's a good idea you have there about the Transformation card! That's what I like so much about the Rock Art Tarot, it really gets your imagination going. And I absolutely adore the colours, to me they add so much "personality" to the cards.

And I must add that the readings I have done with this deck were VERY accurate and good, so it's not just pretty or anything, it's actually "readable" too.

Sulis

Some images to drool over: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/rock-art/

Love

Sulis xx