Book of Kaos Tarot

Kiama

Hi all,

I received this deck is the post this morning... And was mind-bogglingly awake as soon as I began to look at it.

My first impression was 'uh... this deck's weird'. My second impression was that it was scary. My third impression was that it was mucked up. My fourt impression was that it was very deep and meaningful.

My fifth and final impression was that it is all of those things at once.

You thought the H.R Geiger Tarot was weird? The Black Tarot squicked you? The Lovecraft Tarot is at the top of your 'most grossly strange Tarot' list? They can all move aside because the Book of Kaos Tarot is here!

And it is GREAT! I'm not one for weird, dark decks, but this one... This one goes that extra mile because the creator has really really thought about the cards and applied the meanings. It's also suprisingly deep, with plenty of magical and alchemical ideas embedded in the images.

They're black and white, with a work-in-progress feel that adds to the disturbing atmosphere of the deck, but the detail in the cards is phenomenal. And not just in the Majors-no, the Minors are just as beautiful,detailed, and meaningful.

It takes many of its cues from Crowley's Thoth Tarot and his writings, but also alchemy chaos magic, and mythology. (I am personally in love with the Hanged Man- Odin. It's one of the best Hanged Man cards I've ever seen...)

Here's a link to the artist's website, where you can see card images (including the Hanged Man!) and writing about the cards.

http://www.crossroads.wild.net.au/tarot.htm

I'd be eager to hear from anybody who also has this deck,and what they think of it.

Blessings,

Kiama

Gerbear

I've been trying to get the Book of Chaos deck for over a year, but it's extremely rare(100 copies), so when the second edition, Book of Kaos, was announced, I thought finally!! I'm still absorbing my deck, but so far it seems to be very interesting, in a very mysterious way. All in all, I like it, and am diving in to study the wealth of symbolism.

Kittaine

It looks darkly beautiful. But the symbology doesn't appeal to me since I know nothing of alchemy and..."chaos magic"?

Little Baron

Hi

The artist/creator of this deck is one 'talented' individual - did we not welcome her to the boards recently, or is that my imagination? As well as thinking this deck is wonderful, I love the stills from the accompanying plays.
I try not to buy any more decks these days, due to having enough and trying to concentrate on about just three, but this is one I would adore to have, just because of the art; even though I am sure it is perfectly readable. I am affraid I can't afford to buy it at the moment; maybe one day.

Hope you enjoy it Kiama. Look forward to hearing how you get on with it.

Yaboot

FantasyWorld

I am interested in buying this deck and wanted to start this thread up again.
Anyone have anything else to add to this about this deck?
Their website shows some pics but are there any other sites that have pics of this deck. I had hoped to see a few more pics.

Lillie

That looks quite stunning.

I assume it is an australian deck.
Or am I wrong about that?
There's too much to read all at once, I'll have to go back to it.
AOS don't generally get the recognition he deserves, unlike Crowley and the other 'A list' celebrity occultists.
But he (and his work) are very interesting.

Does the artist post here?

arcanalefait

I am actually awaiting this deck in the mail at this moment! I'll post my impressions once its in my greedy little hands!

Arcana

FantasyWorld

arcanalefait said:
I am actually awaiting this deck in the mail at this moment! I'll post my impressions once its in my greedy little hands!

Arcana

How long has it been since you it ordered it?
In otherwards,LOL,how much longer until you think it will arrive???

{{{waiting patiently,sort of}}
})

leapylees

Wow! That deck looks fabulous, though I think it would scare me. Ack... now I'm really tempted to order it...

Oni

seems a bit typical of high school male drawings from waht i can see