can somebody help me in this?

Priya

Can somebody tell me how shud we know exact date or month while doing a spread?

Dragons Lady

I dont feel that you can really get an exacte date or time but maybe a genral time frame ...just MOHO

Apollonia

If my client asks me when something is going to happen, I explain that the Tarot doesn't mark time as we do, because it doesn't really exist on the level I access to do my readings. Instead, I will ask the Tarot, "What needs to occur before such and such can happen?" In that way, it puts the reading back where I like it to be--in the realm of what the seeker can do proactively to create their future, instead of doing flat predictive style readings, which are not to my taste, and which I find less helpful to the client.

Marina

The tarot doesn't give this kind of information very well, because there's no 'time card' in it...what it may give is the order of the facts. For example, if you ask about the future, the tarot may say that A will happen first, then B will come after. You'll know the 'time' by observing when A happens in real life (or will advice your client to do so), and that will give you an idea of when will B happen.

Hope i didn't make it even more complicated.

There are other oracles that work more precisely with time...Lenormand and normal Playing Cards, for example.

:TPW Yuko

Thirteen

Here's a thread that discusses different ways of telling time with the cards--none are very specific, but they can give you a general timeframe:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1466

Citrin

Hmm I don't think that's possible if you're not some kind of psychic (?)...

I use this method though: Lots of wands = It's close. Lots of swords = A little longer. Lots of cups = can be any time, better to check the cards close. Lots of pentacles = A quite long time before it happens. I read it in a book, and it has actually worked pretty good for me.

lynn

i read in one of my books the following times: wands-weeks-spring....cups-days-summer...swords-fall...pentacles-months-winter..also the number on the card resprsent the number of ''days,weeks,months''example ace of cups=1 day..ace of wands= 1 week''' the page= 11, the knight=12.. example the knight of cups= 12 days. i did a 3 card spread asking if i would sell my truck and when, i dealt wands, pentacle, 9 cups,, we put it up for sale in the spring, had to wait for a few months but we sold it the first week of summer. lynn

PlatinumDove

Usually when I get a question asking for a time, I explain to the person that the Tarot doesn't work with time as we do, but then what I do is to focus on what the person needs to work on before they can have whatever happen in their life.

For instance when someone asks me when they will find the love of their life, I direct their question to what they need in a love relatonship, that way they can focus on what they need in a relationship, and hopefully find the person they are destined to be with.

Flidais

lynn wrote:i read in one of my books the following times: wands-weeks-spring....cups-days-summer...swords-fall...pentacles-months-winter..also the number on the card resprsent the number of ''days,weeks,months''example ace of cups=1 day..ace of wands= 1 week''' the page= 11, the knight=12.. example the knight of cups= 12 days. i did a 3 card spread asking if i would sell my truck and when, i dealt wands, pentacle, 9 cups,, we put it up for sale in the spring, had to wait for a few months but we sold it the first week of summer. lynn

Lynn, this is interesting. I can see how you got the meaning after the fact, but how would you have known what the cards meant initially (with regard to time)? In other words, how would you know that the wands card referred to spring instead of weeks, and so forth?

lynn

Flidais wrote:Lynn, this is interesting. I can see how you got the meaning after the fact, but how would you have known what the cards meant initially (with regard to time)? In other words, how would you know that the wands card referred to spring instead of weeks, and so forth?
flidois, i really didnt know until after the fact, but now that i look back on my reading it maks sence to me, i did the reading in the spring [wands] the day after i put the ad up, the pentacles =the months i waited,,,the cups[summer] was when i sold it. and the 9 cups is the wish card thats what ive learned in my books. i usually lean towards the seasonal side, lynn