court cards, whos who?

lynn

hi, im lynn, im still alittle confused on who is who in the court cards.i am still new at understanding and reading cards, some books ive read have told me to go by someone horoscope, and some by the picture on the card compare to the person. i get confused trying to dertermin who is who in my readings. for example: im a leo (queen of wands, but when i look at all the queens, im drawn to the queen of swords,ive read the personalities of the queens and im drawn to the queen of wands, so in my readings, who am i? also; i need help determining the 2 men in my life, { my husband and my ex-husband""we have a daughter, so he still a part of my life, my problem is"this part is a little weird" both men are scorpions, brown hair, hazel eyes. so when i do a reading i dont know which is which? i took out the king cards and looked at the pictures and read the personalities and i came up with my husband as a king sword and the ex as the king of pentacles.is this the right way to dertermin whos who, and my daughter, cancer, aurbun hair, hazel eyes, knight of cups.any and all advice would be grateful.lynn

Marina

lynn wrote:hi, im lynn, im still alittle confused on who is who in the court cards.i am still new at understanding and reading cards, some books ive read have told me to go by someone horoscope, and some by the picture on the card compare to the person. i get confused trying to dertermin who is who in my readings. for example: im a leo (queen of wands, but when i look at all the queens, im drawn to the queen of swords,ive read the personalities of the queens and im drawn to the queen of wands, so in my readings, who am i? also; i need help determining the 2 men in my life, { my husband and my ex-husband""we have a daughter, so he still a part of my life, my problem is"this part is a little weird" both men are scorpions, brown hair, hazel eyes. so when i do a reading i dont know which is which? i took out the king cards and looked at the pictures and read the personalities and i came up with my husband as a king sword and the ex as the king of pentacles.is this the right way to dertermin whos who, and my daughter, cancer, aurbun hair, hazel eyes, knight of cups.any and all advice would be grateful.lynn

Hi Lynn!

I love astrology too, but i'd advice you to not go only by the zodiac to choose a court card. Go by the personality, instead - it's the easiet and, imho, the 'safest' way to go. Going by physical appearance is also hard, because it depends on the deck you are using. For instance, in the Enchanted Tarot, the Princess (Page) or Wands is a girl with short, reddish hair, just like me. My personality is also similar to hers, and *that's* why i chose her as 'my card'. If i went for the appearance, i'd have to change all the time, because the Princess in some decks is a male - the Page :p

Watch yourself...see how you react, how you behave.Then ask the card 'what would the *insert here court card* do in this situation'? See if you agree with the answer...see if you think you'd do the same or not. That's a good way to find which card 'fits' you best, and will help you to know the cards better when you've to choose the for someone else.

:TPW Yuko

Fulgour

Whole books have been written about The Court Arcana,
and we should remember that 16 is 20.5% of 78. W:)W!

But I've found that over time the cards "come to you"
just in there own way, bringing their unique messages.

Remember ~ Tarot is a lot of fun, and the Courts Rock!

Thirteen

lynn wrote:some books ive read have told me to go by someone horoscope, and some by the picture on the card compare to the person. i get confused trying to dertermin who is who in my readings.
As said, personality rather than horoscope OR looks works best. Remember that Horoscopes aren't just Sun sign. You're a Leo--but what's your rising sign? What about your Moon sign? You may be more of an Air sign (queen of swords) than you think!

As for looks--most descriptions are very out-dated, from a time when all readings were done for and by caucasions. Readers, querents and tarot decks are far more international now. I've a deck where it's the wands that stand for those with warm, dark skin--not the pentacles as those ancient books would always have it.

Of course, you can always ask the querent which court card speaks to them. The deck makes a difference as well. Glance through a radically different deck from the one you're using and you might not be as drawn to the Queen of Swords--images and why they attract/speak to you vary deck to deck. Use what works given the querent's personality and the deck.