Rv cards- how you use it?

light2000

Hi all!!

I know same meanings of the rv cards, but i whant to know :

Why do you use it?

Using it make the reading more right?

And how you shuffle the cards?

You put ones up and others down whith no method?

Why is better this way for you?

Thanks, for the reponses, i dont use rv cards, but i?m thinking of using it.
But i?d like to have some opinions first.

Ace

Light2000: you might want to do a search for reversals for some answers to your questions. Otherwise, I DO use reversals. I start by shuffling so that cards go upside down (usually by cutting the deck up and putting it back in chucks, some up and some down then shuffling good.)

Then I just have the querent pull cards face down and carefully turn them all up in the same direction, bottom to top, left to right or whatever. So Reversed cards (Rx) are there and upside up cards are there too.

I do it because it was part of what I was taught, a Rx meaning and a straight up meaning. Now I don't bother too often with what they are "supposed" to mean, but reversed to me usually means the upright meaning-not. So you get 2 of cups Rx it means NOT what it means up side up. If the upright meaning is connection, then the reversed is NOT connecting. And so on.

As I say, I started that way because I was taught that way, but I LIKE using Rx-it gives me 78 more possible cards that might come up and give me information. What's not to like? It doesn't make the reading more "right"- most NO-reversal readers will tell you, they can tell when the card is NOT about what it usually is about, but reversing the card tells me that quicker and easier, IMHO.

light2000

Hi Ace!!

I loved your opinion. You expalined all simple and fast, thank you.

Yes, you are right, a no- reversal reading, know when the card isnt say the usual, but seems more easy and quick whit reversal cards.

So, if you shuffle like that, maybe will be more reversal cards than "right" cards.

What you think about when we cut the cards, put them at 3 mounts of cards, and reversal one of them?

Maybe i will try reading whith reversals here at the forum.

Thanks again.

sagitarian

light2000 wrote:Hi all!!

I know same meanings of the rv cards, but i whant to know :

Why do you use it?

Using it make the reading more right?

And how you shuffle the cards?

You put ones up and others down whith no method?

Why is better this way for you?

Thanks, for the reponses, i dont use rv cards, but i?m thinking of using it.
But i?d like to have some opinions first.

I was taught NOT to read cards reversed, that the "reader" could "sense" when the card means the opposite of it's original meaning. However, I've had some decks that it just felt right to read them rv. however, it didn't feel right to just use the rv. meaning. After doing some more research (and I didn't have to go far, my sister had the answer) Upright cards apply to that of which is in your "outside", meaning outside of your body; this can be environment, friends, family, etc. Reversed applies to that which is your internal world, your personal truths, your inner feelings. When a rv. card comes up in a position that represents your family/friends, I usually take this to be "this is what the querent thinks they feel about him/her", or it can represent a internal personal relationship, such as a relationship between the querent and their higher power. So I read it as, it means the same thing as it does right side up, just it applies to the internal self, the spiritual self, the mind, or what I just label as, the internal world to include all of these in two words. So you have the physical world in which we live, then the internal world which is what and who we are.

Sagitarian

Ace

light2000 wrote:So, if you shuffle like that, maybe will be more reversal cards than "right" cards.

What you think about when we cut the cards, put them at 3 mounts of cards, and reversal one of them?

Maybe i will try reading whith reversals here at the forum.

I would definately practice on the forum, that is what it is for. As for getting too many reversed cards, that in itself is significant: if all of them are NOT-this, NOT-that, maybe the querent is AVOIDING something important? I don't fuss about how to get them even, I just read them as they fall and go from there.
Ace

Hermina

Hi Light!

I've always used reversals since the very beginning. I didn't know there was any other way. I don't read them as the opposite meaning of the card though. I read them to indicate where energy is BLOCKED in the querent's life.

For example: The High Priestess Reversed would indicate a blockage in communicating with intuition and subconscious. The possiblity is there, but they're not using it to the best of their ability. The querent's challenge is to make the card's energy become upright so the energy runs openly in their life.

As an overview:
A lot of reversed cards in a spread= a lot of blockages
a lot of upright cards in a spread= free flowing energy

A reversed major card would have a greater significance as a blockage.
Just another option!

EDIT: As for shuffling-
When I first get the deck I spread all the cards around in a BIG pile and shuffle like that. Then half naturally get reversed. After that I don't put them back into order. After I do a spread, I randomly put them back in the deck. The deck naturally evens itself out with reversed and not reversed.

-Hermina

light2000

Hi all!!

Thanks for your opinions.

I thought like Sagitarian at the past. Well, i dont know if it really pasted already.

I never used reversal, but i saw here at the forum so manny using it that i became curious. And i whant to try it.

I loved your opinion Ace, and i had tryed already here at the forum, it didnt was good, but was the first time, so is normal the first time dont be very good.

And i loved your opinion Herminia, too. You think a litle diferent than Ace.
I dont have any opinion ,yet.
And the hight Priestess reversed i understand very well.

But, and your thoughts about (for example) the 5 of pentacles or the 5 of swords?
The reversal meanings of this 2 indicates what is the energy Bloqued?

Oh, and can you say 2 decks that is good whith reversal cards?

Sulis

Hi Light,

I chose not to use reversals for the first couple of years of reading cards. I wanted to get a good take on them upright before I started turning them the wrong way up.

Now I use reversals and I find that they really help me to pin down the meaning of a card.

I don't always read them the same way.

I use James Ricklef's method.

If a card comes up reversed, it's qualities are either present or potential but they might be:
1. Delayed
2. Diminished / diminishing
3. Underutilized
4. Internalized
5. Blocked

I use intuition to decide exactly how a reversed card should be read.
It works for me :)

Love

Sulis xx

DrMojo

For what one person's technique is worth (and do read all the opinions by searching this wonderful forum) I recently abandoned reversals completely, read all cards as upright, and then determine how their placement and the influence of nearby cards affects their meanings. If upright is a "10" and physically reversed meaning is a "1" on a scale, I use those factors to place them on that scale and read accordingly.

Either way works - but stick with it. Somehow, and I'll leave it to others to explain their reasons, the cards are "programmed" by your understanding. If you decide the 3 of Swords means happiness and light heartedness and you really, really see that, that's what the card will come up signifying.

It's when you get a little wishy-washy on meanings or details of a spread, when you lose focus, that the cards get awful fuzzy!

DrM

Lady Maria

Hi light2000,

I decided to use reversals because I believe that it's not just a coincidence that some are reversed and others are upright. It makes sense to me that there would be a reason. As for a method in interpreting them, I haven't exactly figured out my method. So far it's been different for different readings. And with shuffling, I don't shuffle a special way to get reversals. Just whatever is comfortable and natural. Sometimes I like to clear their energy and swish them around on a table so they're good and mixed up.

light2000 wrote:

But, and your thoughts about (for example) the 5 of pentacles or the 5 of swords?
The reversal meanings of this 2 indicates what is the energy Bloqued?

I would also like to hear how people would interpret these reversed. I think those would stump me as well. Haven't come across it yet.

Blessings, Maria