symbol help?

TarotGirlJess

hi all i was just looking through my connolly deck and i realized some cards have a symbol on them. it looks similar to a tipped over 8. i know that i know what it is but it seems to have escaped me. do you k+now what the symbol is or means?
TIA
TGJ

Nina*

Hi TarotGirlJess

It is a lemniscate - the symbol of infinity or eternity.

xxx
Nina

TarotGirlJess

thanks
5 out of 10 cards hubby drew had the mark and niether of us knew what it meant. LOL i KNEW it was familiar.. LOL infinity
thanks bunches
TGJ

WalesWoman

Don't know why, but trying to describe the energy of the lemniscate, makes me think of inertia & perpetual energy... like those figure 8, toy race tracks where the little cars just go around and around, that the curve flings them forward, so they never lose speed and keep generating more energy. It's sort of self contained... yet in another sense what we draw from one end... the universe comes back into our lives and spurs us on to return for more.

That whole as above... so below... cause and effect and inter- relatedness, what happens on one plane affects the other.

That was about as a confusing description as I could manage.

PlatinumDove

it reminds me alot of the oroborous...the snake eating his tail....a constant state of creation and destruction. Of course, why would a snake eat his own tail? How far would he go before he realised exactly what he was doing?

tarotbear

If you are of a 'certain' age, you might remember the opening of the old show 'Ben Casey, M.D.' where a hand drew synbols on a blackboard as a voice intoned "Man, Woman, Birth, Death, Infinity." The hand drew the Mars symbol, the Venus symbol, an eight-armed cross or star, a cross, and the last symbol was the figure 8 on it's side- the symbol for infinity.

What exactly that had to do with Dr. Ben Casey ... I never knew exactly! :smoker:

Fulgour

Click on: "Man-Woman-Birth-Death-Infinity"

Vince Edwards as Dr. Ben Casey

Sam Jaffe as Dr. David Zorba (1961-65)
Franchot Tone as Dr. Freeland (1965-66)

Supporting Cast:

Bettye Ackerman ...... Dr. Maggie Graham
Harry Landers .......... Dr. Ted Hoffman
Jeanne Bates ........... Nurse Wills
Stella Stevens ......... Jane Hancock (1965)
Ben Piazza .............. Dr. Mike Rogers (1965)
Jim McMullan ........... Dr. Terry McDaniel (1965-1966)
Nick Dennis ............. Nick Kanavaras
Marlyn Mason........... Sally Welden (1965-1966)

Vince Edwards (July 7, 1928 - March 11, 1996)
photo
filmography

tarotbear

Fulgour~ that's just tooooooooo funny! :smoker:

Fulgour

tarotbear wrote:Fulgour~ that's just tooooooooo funny! :smoker:Ahhh... but not as funny as attributing Pluto to XX Judgement :laugh: