Worst card

Sushi

What do you consider the worst card in the deck to be? What card makes you cringe when it comes up?

Lady Tararith

I think that the worst card in my opinion is ''The Tower''. I just don't like that card as it always depicts destruction.

Lady Tararith

bladeraven

three of swords is the worse for me......It makes me fill with fear that I'm losing someone

Grizabella

The Death card. I know, I know. Everyone says it doesn't mean actual death, but I still don't like it.

I don't mind the Tower at all.

jumptothemoonyea

Death - irreversible end. Hard to accept powerlessness

Marina

The Tower, depending on the situation, scares me a bit. But i don't like the Hanged Man. The situation goes nowhere, nothing happens...you know it's hopeless.

Yuko

rennfahrer

miss_yuko wrote:The Tower, depending on the situation, scares me a bit. But i don't like the Hanged Man. The situation goes nowhere, nothing happens...you know it's hopeless.

Yuko

That seems so contradictory to the meaning given in the book I have. It portrays the hanged man as a very good thing. IIRC the end of some old ways and the start of something new and great. What meaning do you associate it with?

Marina

brh986 wrote:That seems so contradictory to the meaning given in the book I have. It portrays the hanged man as a very good thing. IIRC the end of some old ways and the start of something new and great. What meaning do you associate it with?

Really? Which book do you have?

There is no bad card - the Hanged Man, in a spiritual question, is a good card. But overall, it means stagnation, inertia...sometimes, illusion (ie. when the person insists too much in a situation that isn't right). The man has his legs tied and cannot touch the ground...a hopeless situation. All he can do is to trust a greater power (the reason why this is a good spiritual card). And i disagree with you - it does not indicate the start of a something good and new. The Hanged Man starts the what we call 'the path of suffering', which is the path the fool goes through in order to learn from his mistakes and evolve.

I've never seen anyone potraying this as such a good card. It's not the end of the world, but definitely not the best of the pack.

~Yuko

autumn star

I don't have a 'worst' card - but to be honest, I am not too fond of the 10 of Swords - I really don't mind the Tower or Death - they can be good things in some situations. There are no bad cards - I am also a bit wary of the Hanged Man - I am also not really fond of the Devil - just the imagery on some of the decks can sometimes bring negative connotations to my mind. I find the 7 of Cups card hard to deal with sometimes - I don't like getting this card in my own readings - it is not a bad card, but it brings to mind confusion.

Cobra333

For me, it's got to be The Tower. You think you're building your foundation on something solid, and low-and-behold, you're wrong. Whenever I get this card in a reading, I prepare for a storm. There's a reason why Oya (the Santerian goddess of tornadoes and destruction) is attributed to this card. But alas, we must remember that sometimes it takes a complete demolition in order to make room for a new building.

Cobra333