Tarot Reader Biographies???

IDN

Hi,

Does anyone know of any books that are biographies, stories, etc of (famous?) Taort Readers? ie. books about people actually reading the Tarot, their life, etc?

I have enough "How to..." books. 'Would like to to read more about the cards "in action"

Many thanks,
Regards,
Ian

Imagemaker

Sonia Choquette writes books about increasing your intuition. In her biography she writes about doing tarot readings as part of her psychic development. Often she used them as a tool to focus and to calm the querent. I think the bio is named Diary of a Psychic.

She's written other fascinating books about increasing intuitive perception. One is Trust Your Vibes. I've enjoyed her practical, easy-going tone and common sense approach to developing sixth sense abilities.

Mesara

I don't know about tarot readers, but I did see this bio about these famous sisters in the 1920s or so (I may be way off, I only glanced at the book briefly) that could talk to the dead. Im not sure if they were mediums or channellers. From what I gathered they could communicate with spirits though and became famous.

I would really love to get my hands on this book but I can't remember the name. If anyone knows what im talking about please let me know!

SongDeva

The Fox Sisters, they were mediums.
From what I understand, they had actual ability, however spirit isn't as sensitive to public demands as the sisters were, so they supplemented their actual readings with engineered ones. :)

There are a lot of better bios about mediums, John Edward, John Holland, and others.

About tarot readers, I haven't seen any. I don't think that most people who would have a bio written would have stopped with tarot.

Mesara

Thanks Songdeva! The book really looked intriguing. Now I know what to look for! (Im not really a John Edwards fan)

scorpio

The Top 100 Psychics in America by Paulette Cooper profiles intuitives with a range of methods, some use tarot.

Little Baron

As Imagemaker says, the Choquette book is not strictly about Tarot but it really is an interesting read and I would highly recommend it.

Yaboot