medicine woman tarot

loveinspirit

does any have or use medicine woman tarot cards.
i have a set but they just stay in their box. i wouldnt say the dont appeal to me.. i have found them more difficult to read, have others found this the same or do you find them easier to work with. these were the first tarot cards i brought.

can they still be used the same way as rider waite cards

MissyJo

So far this is my only deck. I've had experience with others in the past but currently, it's the only one I have so it's the only one I've been using.

At first it was difficult to get a good flow with. Especially using the Medicine Wheel spread that is in the book that comes with the deck. I played with it for awhile and found that it relates very well to the Robin Wood deck more so than the Rider-Waite. So I try to interpret the cards using a book based on the Robin Wood deck first, then tie in the interpretations of the cards themselves with the aspects of each detailed in the tiny booklet that came with them. I've abandoned the Medicine Wheel spread entirely because I found it to be very difficult to interpret especially when using just the booklet for interpretation.

There has only been one reading that I've done (on myself) that ever only made sense when interpreted strictly from their own little book. The rest of the readings I've done with them flowed perfectly using both interpretations. I don't know why that one reading was so different. During that reading though, I struggled so much until I finally broke down and pulled out the booklet. Then it all came together.

Obviously the images are different from the Robin Wood deck though so I always make sure I take into consideration what the card shows as well as the cross interpretations. Alot of times, I find this deck really effective for honing in on family ties - especially those with my grandmother - which comes through most strongly in the imagery.

I wouldn't recommend it for beginners. I think this is a deck best left to those with enough experience at readings to know how to fiddle with it until it "feels right" to them. I would also use this deck when the querent was seeking a reading that focused on Grandparents, extended family ties, community issues, craftsmanship, apprenticeship and possibly fertility.

Blessings & Harmony,
Missy Jo

December Fairy

I dont' have this deck. They don't speak to me.

A few years ago my sister saw some sample cards in a store and fell in love with them. I bought them for her as a gift soon after she saw them. She still loves them and uses them a lot. One of her favorites.

Annabelle

loveinspirit said:
can they still be used the same way as rider waite cards
I have relatively limited experience with the Medicine Woman deck so far, but there are a lot of variations between it and the RWS tarot. I initially bought the Medicine Woman tarot because I liked the retro look of the art, but then found that it wasn't a "usable" deck for me because the images were so different from what I was accustomed to. After buying the book to go with it, though, I'm getting along with it a little better. My advice to anyone considering this deck would be to buy it as the deck/book set.