The Answer Deck - Good Fortune

Alissa

A white silouette of a horseshoe is pointing with the prongs up against an all black background.

This message seems extremely clear cut. I was always taught that if the horseshoe is hung with the points up, the good luck would be caught inside. It was bad luck to hang it with the points down, although others insisted this spilled good luck on them.

Is luck in the eye of the beholder? "He's lucky... I'm lucky, you're lucky. We're all lucky!" says Magenta ("Rocky Horror"). Are we lucky if we believe ourselves to be?

Makes an interesting card for reversals.

Also interesting that Good Fortune does not equate monetary success in this image, in the least.

Lastly, I keep getting the psychic impression of being at the receiving end of a horse who's kicking his hind legs right at me. Pow~!

Chronata

just a thought..
When I see a horseshoe I often think of the game of pitching horseshoes...

So perhaps another way to veiw Good Fortune is that you have to throw something out there before it comes to you!

Which , of course is what I firmly believe about fortune anyway..that you get what you give!

Moonbow

I looked at this card, and wondered if I would be able to post anything... the card is simple, straitforward....... or is it?

What I was drawn to was the inside of the horseshoe, the black area with the flat bottom....... that's it! It looks like an Urn. Now, everytime I look at this card I see a white horseshoe AND a black Urn.

It seems that an Urn is the emblem of the Virgin Mary and also a symbol of good luck :D

It also represents immortality in the Egyptian belief that if vital organs were preserved in an Urn, life would be restored.

A bit heavy for the Answer deck? Maybe.... but I like the fact that it is a symbol of good luck.

Alissa

Moonbow* said:
It seems that an Urn is the emblem of the Virgin Mary and also a symbol of good luck :D

It also represents immortality in the Egyptian belief that if vital organs were preserved in an Urn, life would be restored.
I really love this Moonbow*! The reverse image is a wonderful idea, and I can see what you mean!!

The urn, if I am correct, is not associated with the Virgin Mary, but with Mary Magdalene. Another very powerful association (and no, not too heavy for me!) to go with the Egyptian information.

Finding layers to the cards together is much more fun this way!!

Moonbow

Yeah I thought that was pretty cool too.

I cheated and googled which brought up the Virgin Mary, but I think you are probably right....

With this deck I find I look at the secondary colour as much as the other one (sometimes it's the black and sometimes the white)

It's a bit like those pictures that play tricks on the eyes. I have always been able to do them by looking at them out of focus slightly and with this deck I do a similar thing.

Alissa

Moonbow* said:
It's a bit like those pictures that play tricks on the eyes. I have always been able to do them by looking at them out of focus slightly and with this deck I do a similar thing.
I use this exact same technique when reading too, I will intentionally blur my eyes sometimes, and see what (if anything) happens next.

As for those pictures, if it's reverse imagery, I know the kind you're speaking of and I can see those perfectly!

But those spotty, 3-D image things... ugh!! I can NEVER see those, I have stared at them ad NAUSEUM and RARELY can I get my eyes to shift into the sight necessary to see those pictures. (I really actually made my former boss angry one day when I insisted I really *couldn't* see the underneath picture in 3-D... she kept holding the book up - working at the library - and saying, "Don't you see it? Right here? It's Archie! From the comics, right here!" pointing at the page, and me, shaking my head, helplessly).

(... Archie???)

Moonbow

Alissa said:
But those spotty, 3-D image things... ugh!! I can NEVER see those, I have stared at them ad NAUSEUM and RARELY can I get my eyes to shift into the sight necessary to see those pictures. (I really actually made my former boss angry one day when I insisted I really *couldn't* see the underneath picture in 3-D... she kept holding the book up - working at the library - and saying, "Don't you see it? Right here? It's Archie! From the comics, right here!" pointing at the page, and me, shaking my head, helplessly).

(... Archie???)

Yep, them's the ones... I can see them - no problem, but you have to get your eyes in the right focus. It's a simialar technique that I use when looking at alot of art as well....

and this deck of course! (just to get back on topic)

Juanita

hello :)

Anyone know where i can view The Answer Deck cards themselves? I'd love to see them !

Juanita x