Astrological appearance - link between siblings?

purple_scorp

Hey all,

I am the second of four daughters and was born a Scorp. My other three sisters are Libran; the youngest was born on cusp of Libra/Scorpio. She looks very similar to me (sisters 2 & 4). When we were younger, sisters 1 & 3 looked very similar to each other.

I know that in general terms, each astrological sign is supposed to have common physical appearance traits.

So I was just wondering, genetics aside - is it because my youngest sister is the closest astrologically to me that we look similar? And same for sisters 1 & 3 (who were born 27/9 & 29/9 respectively)?

Has anybody else noticed this in their own families?

purple_scorp

dadsnook2000

Many reasons . . . pro & con

Birth dates (or Sun signs) alone will not always point to similarities in appearance. The time of the day and the time of the year will determine the Ascending Sign . . . and will often be stronger than a Sun Sign influence within a family. Of course genetics play a role -- have you ever noticed that one child will have the same color eyes as one parent while another child will have the color of eyes that the other parent has? As you noted, age is another factor. When we grow we often grow thru differing appearances as if we were trying out personalities. We are influenced by those around us that we can identify with. You don't believe it? Have you ever noticed that some dog lovers have appearance characteristics similar to their dogs?

The planet that is rising, if there is one close to the Ascendant, will often have a strong affect on the appearnance. This is a study unto itself. So, now you have a lot to think about. Dave.

starsongs

Astro Faces

Hi Purple_Scorp and Dadsnook2000...

There is some interesting and cool research being done on astrology and physical appearance with many photos by Sun/Moon/ASC posted for review...am leaving a site link below...

http://www.habarbadi.com/astrofaces/

:)
starsongs

purple_scorp

Ha, ha, ha.

Dave....guess what my ascending sign is?......LIBRA.

Starsongs, thanks for that link I've bookmarked it and will check it out later.

purple_scorp

GoddessArtemis

starsong: that's such a cool link! I wish they had more interpretations of their findings, but I guess the research is its early stages.

Is anyone here going to submit their info/photo?

purple_scorp

In the name of research, I think we all should put our piccies there.

There is one male with same sun, asc, moon as me and I can see similarities (except for the goatee, lol, on him, lol!!!)

BTW - I posted that link on another forum that I frequent and got a reply from a woman who has her picture on that site. She couldn't see the similarities until I pointed them out to her.

purple_scorp

lunalafey

data for the research

purple_scorp said:
So I was just wondering, genetics aside - is it because my youngest sister is the closest astrologically to me that we look similar? And same for sisters 1 & 3 (who were born 27/9 & 29/9 respectively)?

Has anybody else noticed this in their own families?
Not with my kids, even with genetics aside

I have three- the first two are full blood brothers {born of two capi parents}

The oldest born Apr. 18 Aries {Taurus cusp} looks like me....now get this- I have saturn in aries and he has saturn in capricorn.

The younger boy is a Pisces- looks like his dad.

They have a half sister {again- out of two capi parents} She's a Leo. She looks more like the fish brother than the ram brother, but she also resembles me quite a bit.

And I think that both the fish and the lion kids have a capricorn rising.

starsongs

GoddessArtemis said:
starsong: that's such a cool link! I wish they had more interpretations of their findings, but I guess the research is its early stages.

Is anyone here going to submit their info/photo?

purple_scorp said:
In the name of research, I think we all should put our piccies there.

There is one male with same sun, asc, moon as me and I can see similarities (except for the goatee, lol, on him, lol!!!)

BTW - I posted that link on another forum that I frequent and got a reply from a woman who has her picture on that site. She couldn't see the similarities until I pointed them out to her.

purple_scorp

Goddess Artemis and Purple_Scorp, glad you enjoyed the link..I did submit my photo and info a couple of years ago...and a few for other people..but then forgot about it for awhile ..

It would be great for research if lots more people were participating for sure..

Some of the groupings have striking resemblance, while others are minimal..lots of factors involved like dadsnook and lunalafey were discussing...
Aspects to the ASC (especially squares) and planets conjunct (like dadsnook mentioned) are 2 factors that contribute alot to physical appearance, I would think...LOL re the goatee..that would make a difference too! :D

I was attempting a very unscientific chart rectification for my Dad (based upon what I know of him rather than life events lol) because he doesn't have time of birth...This site was very helpful..although there is no way to prove it. Take a look at these 2 photos...my dad is image 6 in the series of photographs:

http://www.astrofaces.com/cgi-bin/ShowSMAGroup.cgi?sun=03&moon=00&asc=00

I had figured my Dad has a Gemini Sun, Pisces Moon and Virgo Rising. Because there is no time of birth, astrofaces has him listed as Gemini Sun with Moon (possibility of Pisces or Aquarius) and ASC unknown...

then there is a man who is listed with Sun in Gemini, Pisces Moon, Virgo rising..I think the resemblance is strong..any thoughts?

http://www.astrofaces.com/cgi-bin/ShowSMAGroup.cgi?sun=03&moon=12&asc=06

starsongs

purple_scorp

Hi starsongs,

I was just thinking, hmm, better apologise to the thread starter for taking over this thread (which is a bit of a bad habit of mine) but then I realised I am the thread starter, lol. So - cool!

In the first link where your dad is pic 6, I can see similarities between him and the 3rd and 4th women from the left (particularly the third woman).

Now, there is something about that guy in the second link - I can't stop staring at his photo. LOL. I put those two photos (his and your dad's) side by side and they are very similar, but reversed images. Don't you think? Call me fanatical but I flipped that other dude's photo to show you (see attached).

This stuff is really fascinating. Now I want to upload pictures of family and friends (with their permission, of course).

purple_scorp

Attachments

• starsongsdadanddude.jpg
    starsongsdadanddude.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 122

starsongs

purple_scorp said:
Hi starsongs,

I was just thinking, hmm, better apologise to the thread starter for taking over this thread (which is a bit of a bad habit of mine) but then I realised I am the thread starter, lol. So - cool!

In the first link where your dad is pic 6, I can see similarities between him and the 3rd and 4th women from the left (particularly the third woman).

Now, there is something about that guy in the second link - I can't stop staring at his photo. LOL. I put those two photos (his and your dad's) side by side and they are very similar, but reversed images. Don't you think? Call me fanatical but I flipped that other dude's photo to show you (see attached).

This stuff is really fascinating. Now I want to upload pictures of family and friends (with their permission, of course).

purple_scorp

Hey, Purple _Scorp...if I've taken over this thread (or any other on AT) I apologize. It's not my intent to do so. Your post made me think of the Astro Faces site..and thought maybe you (and others) would find it interesting too...and one thing led to another...

I appreciate your feedback very much...I'm not sure what you mean by reversed images, however..can you explain further?

Did you find some data relevant to any of your initial questions by looking at the images over there?..I hope so...
:)
starsongs