Karmic Triads Spread

magpie9

Hi all~I wanted to make a spread where it was clear about past life karma, and lessons in this lifetime, so I pretty much spent all day on developing this spread. This is a big departure for me, since I usually use small spreads, but this one goes 15 cards.
the physical pattern is 5 groups of 3 cards, since fancy patterns tend to confuse me! :D I have put in the cards I drew for myself, as some sort of an example of how it works.
I hope some more people will try this one out and see what works--and dosen't work--for them.

KARMIC TRIPLETS SPREAD Sunday, November 14, 2004

DECK USED: Kat Black’s Golden Tarot, then compared to the other decks listed below.

TRIPLET A: 1. Karmic Goal for this Lifetime: King of Wands
2. WHY—Past Life – Knight of Swords
3. WHY—Past Life - Judgment

TRIPLET B: Tests Passed in this Lifetime:
1. WHAT- the World
2. WHAT – Hierophant
3. HOW – 5 Pentacles

TRIPLET C: Tests Not Passed in this Lifetime:
1. WHAT – Ace Swords
2. WHAT – 8 Wands
3. HOW – Ace Wands

TRIPLET D: Current Tests:
1. WHAT – 6 Cups
2. WHAT – High Priestess
3. HOW – 9 Cups

TRIPLET E: Tests Yet to Come in this Lifetime:
1. WHAT - King of Cups
2. WHAT - 7 Cups
3. HOW – Temperance

To read this Layout:
Each triplet combines to answer one question. “How” is how this manifests in your life, how you did it. In a future location, it can be advice as to how best to approach it. It is not a prediction as to if you pass the test, or how you will handle it. It can be viewed as a “Karmic Helper” which you have developed or earned in a past situation, and would be a good way to approach it now.

EXAMPLE: TRIPLET D: 6 Cups, High Priestess, 9 Cups can be read as the challenge of emotionally caring for self and others while staying autonomous. by relying on the unending wealth of the Cosmos. The trick is not to deplete myself emotionally or on an energy level. There is always plenty, but I must learn to trust that it will be there, and how to acess it consistantly.

After reading each triplet on it’s own, go back and read it in relationship to the “this lifetime Goal” card, to evaluate how you are doing so far.
EXAMPLE: TRIPLET D: The king of wands must be able to use his energy in a wise and resourceful way, so that there will be plenty for all needs. He is responsible for more than just himself, and more than just what he feels passionate about. He must plan ahead and be able to follow through for the needs of all. Which changes the original reading of triplet D and helps me to better meet that particular challenge.

Hoping for feedback :)