Daughters of the Moon aka DOM-The Dreamer/The Fool

Ace

I see much of what they are referring to: the young person, the sunrise for new beginnings. A new quest. But what is she carrying on her horse? and why is she dipping only a figure in the water? will she let it settle and see what visions she sees?

WhiteRaven

Ace said:
I see much of what they are referring to: the young person, the sunrise for new beginnings. A new quest. But what is she carrying on her horse? and why is she dipping only a figure in the water? will she let it settle and see what visions she sees?

To answer your questions Ace

The only thing I see on her horse are what I think are leather straps...Saddle straps perhaps? But then she looks native and for the most part, natives know how and prefer to ride bareback...but just the same...straps I believe...for the saddle...because if you look where the crossed one goes..it goes to the top of the back of the horse and there is a piece that joins to it for her hands to hold.

What is she doing with her finger? Well...Could it be the movement is creating a "spiral"...in Celtic symbols the spiral represents 1. Goddess 2. Cycle of life/eternity

The Trees:I believe these to be "Birch"...which Pagan's and Celts alike look as one of the sacred trees. Here's a take on the "Birch" tree:

"The Birch Tree represents inception. The rebirth of the Sun from winter's solstice" "....represent a link between life and death, with the Birch being the beginning of all things. The birth of new life. Energetic and spontaneous."

Coincides with the "sunrise"

What puzzles me about this card is not so much what she's doing with her finger as to why she is paused in what I perceive, in deep reflection. You see many "Fool" cards where the Fool is ready to leap and is quite aware of his surroundings. This "Dreamer" is suppose to replace the Fool. I just find the imagery quite different to most decks...I'm not saying all decks RedMaple...lol..."some"....in this card she doesn't look like she's "ready to embark on a journey or an adventure." She looks like she is in deep contemplation...something like the Hermit.

If you want to take it a tad further..."Horse" in Native American lore represents "Power" ...power of oneself.

WhiteRaven

The Dreamer

Without referring to the book this "Dreamer" looks like she's taken a pause in life and is in deep reflection as to where she's going next. It confuses me with the "Hermit" although the Hermit is paused and in reflection of his Spiritual Growth...The Dreamer is paused in reflection of life itself. (?)

Possibly, being a woman, she is taking more time and reflection before embarking on the adventure of life? Taking the time to think where this beginning might lead and the different obstacles that may lie ahead.

It just doesn't look nor feel that this "Dreamer" is prepared though...not yet and then I have to wonder which card would make me feel differently...which card would make me feel that one is now prepared for a new journey.

food for thought...

FantasyWorld

I look at this card and see someone who takes pleasure in life's simple joys. She stops to rest and gets carried away by twirling her finder in the water. She's a mature person but can easily connect with her "inner" child(self). It looks like she's carrying a blade on her side so she come's prepared. I don't know about the leather on the horse either. The dipping in of 1 finger could be a meditative state too but I see it more as getting lost in the moment which is kinda the same thing I guess. The mountains close by could represent obstacles but she's not concerned with those right now. Her and her faithful companion are taking it easy for now. They just reminded me of that scene in Young Guns (1 or 2?) when Chavez and The Kid and maybe a few others go riding down that huge hill on their horses not knowing what will become of them, I think of the weirdest things,LOL.

WhiteRaven

FantasyWorld said:
I look at this card and see someone who takes pleasure in life's simple joys. She stops to rest and gets carried away by twirling her finder in the water. She's a mature person but can easily connect with her "inner" child(self).

What cycle of life to you see this woman...let's talk a tad Wiccanish..for lack of a word...Maiden, Mother or Crone?

The mountains close by could represent obstacles but she's not concerned with those right now.

Good observation on the mountains....but again, she doesn't look like she's ready to start any journey yet. She may be physically prepared, but possibly pausing because she is emotionally and/or mentally not ready for such a jouney. I find the imagery confusing....or rather...I find the actions of the woman confusing.

Her and her faithful companion are taking it easy for now.

But if the author is saying herself, and I will quote here, "...a free spirit about to embark on a journey or an adventure." So, I don't see how she's about to embark on any journey. I perceive this as a pause...pause in one's path that's already begun.

FantasyWorld

WhiteRaven said:
What cycle of life to you see this woman...let's talk a tad Wiccanish..for lack of a word...Maiden, Mother or Crone?

Well, she doesn't look too old so I'd have to say Maiden not to far off from moving to Mother.

WhiteRaven said:
I perceive this as a pause...pause in one's path that's already begun.
Yes, that's good.

WhiteRaven

onward we go..."The Witch" is up in another thread.

If anyone has any additions to "The Dreamer" ...please do not hesitate. The more input we have, the more we analyse each card, the better we will understand it and be able to give proper readings with this deck.

:)

Pebbles

The traditional fool jumps into something without thinking. I think that although The Dreamer is paused, after she decides what she really want's to do, she will do it. Regardless if others see it as "crazy".

WhiteRaven

Pebbles said:
The traditional fool jumps into something without thinking. I think that although The Dreamer is paused, after she decides what she really want's to do, she will do it. Regardless if others see it as "crazy".

I'm still questioning as to why she's paused at all! This is the equivalent of the Fool...yes...and as you pointed out he's ready to jump right into it. I don't find that it's a close equal at all. The imagery does not go well with the meaning.