Daughters of the Moon aka DOM-The Priestess-Isis

WhiteRaven

Discussion open........:)

(Whooo Hoooo...I've got a jpeg of this card!!! :):))

WhiteRaven

One observation on this deck so far......

Does anyone, besides me, feel that lean towards "Wicca" with this deck?
and if so...

How is one that does not follow Wicca, or any Pagan religion, suppose to work with the deck? (talking perhaps a beginner that goes "from the book" type reading and has yet to attune and use intuition)

I remember Ace saying something on the lines that "magic" spooks her. So, what about the readers that feel like Ace does? How do they use this deck?

Ace: How do YOU feel so far with this deck? Do you feel the same lean towards Pagan religion as well? How does this make you feel, as a reader, using this deck?

Comments please... :)

FantasyWorld

Hum...I don't really know much about Isis. I can look at this card and see she is an intuitive person but what is that green triangle thing,LOL?Could it be the Trinity? I'm clueless.
The 2 ball looking things seem like "As Above, So Below" or maybe liked WhiteRaven typed earlier: The Priestess has a responsibility to avoid setting herself above or apart from her community. Reversed or tiled positions of this card can mean she has gathered too much power to herself and is operating as a "Queen Bee", rather than sharing and teaching others to take leadership positions in the circle."

Here is a good link on Isis I found googling:
http://www.goddessgift.com/goddess-myths/egyptian_goddess_Isis.htm

This is another site I found on Goddesses:
http://www.goddess.ws/

WhiteRaven

FantasyWorld said:
Hum...I don't really know much about Isis. I can look at this card and see she is an intuitive person but what is that green triangle thing,LOL?Could it be the Trinity? I'm clueless.
The 2 ball looking things seem like "As Above, So Below" or maybe liked WhiteRaven typed earlier: The Priestess has a responsibility to avoid setting herself above or apart from her community. Reversed or tiled positions of this card can mean she has gathered too much power to herself and is operating as a "Queen Bee", rather than sharing and teaching others to take leadership positions in the circle."

Here is a good link on Isis I found googling:
http://www.goddessgift.com/goddess-myths/egyptian_goddess_Isis.htm

This is another site I found on Goddesses:
http://www.goddess.ws/

DARN! I thought you might be up on that Pantheon and I could follow your lead... ;)

hmmm...the ball in her hands...could it be something like a crystal ball and because she is to be on the same level as everyone else she is beaming the light of insight for all to see? (I told you it wouldn't be easy...)

The top of her head reminds me of the "Horned God" image....but I'm sure that's not what it stands for in this deck..LOL Wings...element of Air...Crystal...element of Earth...the blue on the wings...color of water...element of Water...missing Fire here to have the four elements....Green light could also represent "Spirit"....

Funniest thing that just popped up in my head was she is giving Reiki to the ball... :laugh::laugh:
I'm sure Ms. Morgan would have loved to read my impressions...sigh

I would like to understand the beam coming from that ball and why it's "green"...

Fertilizing the minds of others?

I'm really pulling from air on this one.
I'll check your sites out in a few minutes and if I find anything to comment on I will be back.

The symbology of this card really stumps me!

WhiteRaven

This speaks of that headdress....

General symbols of Isis: "Full moon, images of madonna and child, rivers (especially the Nile) and the ocean, hair braids, cattails, papyrus, knots and buckles, stars, the ankh symbol, throne, the rattle, diadem headdress (circular disk with horns), cow, wings, milk, perfume bottles, and March 5 (feast day)

FantasyWorld

Moo
Moo
Moo

Ace

WhiteRaven said:
One observation on this deck so far......

Does anyone, besides me, feel that lean towards "Wicca" with this deck?
and if so...

How is one that does not follow Wicca, or any Pagan religion, suppose to work with the deck? (talking perhaps a beginner that goes "from the book" type reading and has yet to attune and use intuition)

I remember Ace saying something on the lines that "magic" spooks her. So, what about the readers that feel like Ace does? How do they use this deck?

Ace: How do YOU feel so far with this deck? Do you feel the same lean towards Pagan religion as well? How does this make you feel, as a reader, using this deck?

Comments please... :)

I am strangely NOT uncomfortable with this deck, unlike the MotherPeace which repells me! I agree this is a Pagan deck, but so it one of my favorites, the Robin Wood. It isn't Paganism that bothers me, it is magic. Using the mind to produce the results you want.

As for reading with this deck? I probably won't use it. I find the pix rather vague a lot of the time. that is why I wanted to be in this discussion group, to try to learn more about it.

One thing: this is pretty strongly a LESBIAN deck as well. Does that bother some people.

WhiteRaven

Ace said:
I am strangely NOT uncomfortable with this deck, unlike the MotherPeace which repells me! I agree this is a Pagan deck, but so it one of my favorites, the Robin Wood. It isn't Paganism that bothers me, it is magic. Using the mind to produce the results you want.

As for reading with this deck? I probably won't use it. I find the pix rather vague a lot of the time. that is why I wanted to be in this discussion group, to try to learn more about it.

One thing: this is pretty strongly a LESBIAN deck as well. Does that bother some people.

Doesn't bother me cuz I'm Bi... :)