Daughters of the Moon aka DOM-MAWU/The Empress

WhiteRaven

Discussion open....picture of card attached.

Pebbles

WhiteRaven said:
If the Mother card is upside-down or tilted, the seeker has to deal with "mother troubles", either with her own mother, or with her daughter. To restore harmony, connect with the image of Mawu to guide you."
The first reading I gave with this deck, this card came up tilted. The quarent was having issues with her mother because she wouldn't stop smoking...I really like this card & it is easy for me to relate it to the traditional Empress meaning. I think the image expresses it really well.

WhiteRaven

Pebbles said:
The first reading I gave with this deck, this card came up tilted. The quarent was having issues with her mother because she wouldn't stop smoking...I really like this card & it is easy for me to relate it to the traditional Empress meaning. I think the image expresses it really well.
Whoo Hooo...another person in the discussion!!! :):):)

Welcome Pebbles...I hope you stay with us seeing you have the deck and have worked with it. Your input is much appreciated. There are also threads in this "General" section involving the DOM deck. Feel free to add your comments there as well. I'm glad that you had a good reading with this particular card! I've been using this deck recently in a reading circle and I find it right on as well.

Welcome to the study group and I really hope you stick around! :)

Ace

Hi, guys. This one is an example of taking independence too far. Even having her baby by herself! I like the celebration of woman and motherhood but this person is too isolated.

We all must re-invent ourselves in our children. Try to avoid past mistakes and make ourself the mother we didn't have (no matter how good or bad our parents were to us). This card says that, I think.

Grizabella

Having a child by oneself is customary in some cultures. I don't think it's taking anything too far at all. I just love this card. Besides, she's not alone. I'm willing to believe that the elephant is a wise old Crone elephant who is protecting mom and baby. :) And besides that, the baby is there.