Victoria Regina STUDY GROUP : XVIII The Moon

September Pixie

Image:
See attachment for card image

Description:
A crescent moon fills the night sky. In the curve of the crescent rests a woman with flowing hair and a loose, delicate gown. She lavishly scatters stardust from her hand. Below her we see a pair of binoculars representing the pillars of the traditional Moon card. A lobster emerges from the base of the image.

annik

It is as if the woman was on a cresent shaped swing. I don't know why but it makes me thing of stories like the rabbit (or man, depending on the area) on the moon. The woman seems to be day dreaming.

GryffinSong

This is one of my favorite cards, although that doesn't mean much since I love all of this deck!!! LOL

This Moon card, unlike most, really captures the wild lunacy implicit in the moon. Dark, dramatic, yet also dreamy, the woman looks as if she's holding a conversation with the lobster. What are they saying? What are they seeing through the binocular's lens? What dreams are in store? And what influence will that magical dust have on things? With the way her robes and hair are flowing, we can imagine a breeze blowing by, or that they're actually traveling through the sky. I love it!!! :heart:

annik

This is one of my favorite cards, although that doesn't mean much since I love all of this deck!!! LOL

This Moon card, unlike most, really captures the wild lunacy implicit in the moon. Dark, dramatic, yet also dreamy, the woman looks as if she's holding a conversation with the lobster. What are they saying? What are they seeing through the binocular's lens? What dreams are in store? And what influence will that magical dust have on things? With the way her robes and hair are flowing, we can imagine a breeze blowing by, or that they're actually traveling through the sky. I love it!!! :heart:

I agree with you. It also have a touch like in the old movies, those who where silent, in black and white.