Haindl -- Mother of Stones in the West

Imagemaker

Before this study group fades completely, I thought we should at least finish the Queens.

Haindl goes to Native American tradition for his Queen of Stones--showing Spider Woman, her figure/face showing through a drawing that seems to represent a web or a labyrinth.

This is an old woman. She looks patient, resting there at the center of the web. The colors of the card are pale yellow-gold and brown with a bit of blue sky and a crescent moon.

There is a tiny human figure entering the labyrinth/web. The web of life, the web of relationships, the labyrinth of life we walk, hoping to find a central Source--all these come to mind in just a glance at the card.

A spider creates from her body a thread that becomes a tie, a net, between material objects. It sparkles in the sun, withstands storms, is sticky (for good or ill) and is a tool for the spider to accomplish her tasks. As a practical Queen, she symbolizes power, usefulness, and potential.

Elegant and multi-leveled symbolism, as we've seen in the other Haindl Queens.

Windhorse

The web of life indeed...

Reminds me of the phrase in Lakota language:

"mitakuye oyasin"
It means 'we are all related' or something like 'to all my relations'.
The idea being that all things are related to every other thing.
Very quantum-physics, if you ask me.

The Lakota have a legend of a 'spider-man' who is their trickster. His name is Iktomi. He often weaves webs to trick people into his little schemes, but then gets caught in his own traps. Makes for great comedy.

I used to be scared of spiders. And I always wondered why I also had writer's block. When I decided to get over this block, I started to leave spiders alone and stop killing them whenever I saw them. I started to ask them to politely leave my space (which they promptly did), and sure enough I started writing again.

There are many facets of the webs this wonderful lady weaves.

So I am assuming Spider-Woman sustains us, and the world we live in. Its just that this world is a web....