Voyager Tarot

Angel Star

I bought this deck about 11/2 months ago and it is so beautiful but quite different from other decks. I also own the Way of the Great Oracle the companion book that goes with this deck and helps you break down each picture by the images that are in each card. This deck is truly enlightening. Anyone else interested in what they have learned with this deck please join in. :O)

mooncat2

Angel Star,

Where do you want to start? I too have the Oracle book. Did you already have a knowledge of more traditional tarot before you got the Voyager?

At the workshop I attended the first thing we did was to work through the first 10 majors with their corresponding minor numbers - this is probably worth discussing because the meaning of many of the minors is very different to the traditional.

I have a few exercises also that we did, if I can find them. Happy to share those. Let me know what you'd like to do.

Love

Angel Star

Yes I have had experience with other decks. I bought the Voyager on a recommendation actually from a book called A Magical Course in the Tarot by Michelle Morgan. I am just working thru this deck getting into the meanings of the pictures by what is in them. I actually feel better to look at each picture and ask myself "What do I see in the pictures". I just picked up another book called Heart of Tarot which recommends this type of practice in readings cards. I would love to see the exercises you have. Thanks for responding. :)

Phoenix

This is probably gonna be the next deck I am gonna pick up! I cant wait!! How is the book that goes with it??

Angel Star

There is a small book that comes with the deck and gives very good definitions for the beginning use of the deck. The next book I recommend you get is called The Way of the Great Oracle which is a regular sized book and goes way into further detail on each card picture it breaks down just about every symbol that is in the card. It can be exhausting at first I recommend you go to Voyager.com and pick a card for the day that way you can also sample what some of the cards look like. You won't be disappointed :) Right now the card that is really manifesting itself in my life is the 4 of cups which is called the Anger card. The way this deck works instead of looking at anger as a negative emotion this decks takes you into how to use your anger in very constructive ways to get past it and grow from it. Very interesting how this card is making its presence knows right now in my life.

mooncat2

Finally found the workshop book. Don't know whether it has a great deal we can use but here is a Card of the Day exercise.
Rather than try and work with all the symbols on a card at once we were encouraged to draw a card and gently let our eyes come to rest on one particular symbol, and then work with that one symbol. When you do readings with these cards you have to work like that otherwise theres just confusion.

The exercise: - I'll use what I did at the workshop as an example.

Card of the Day - Man Of Crystals

Symbol - Book

Affirmation - I am more than what I learn from others

Action - Today I will listen to and work with my intuition.

In my tarot class we tried drawing a card and then passing it on to the next person to choose a symbol & interpret. My card was the Sage of Worlds and my interpreter saw the the stag as the appropriate symbol, which was totally relevant to where I was at the time - I had even bought a little figurine of Cernunnos the day before. The strange thing was I had never even noticed the stag before and even had trouble finding it when I did look.

Do you find yourself seeing something different each time you look at a certain card.

Love & light

Scorpion

Hi, Angel Star!

I too have the deck and the full sized book, but have to admit that I haven't really used the deck as it is so large and complex.

I'm way behind with my contributions to other study groups but would love to be part of this as I understand many people find this the best deck to work with - if exhausting, as I think someone mentioned!

Angel Star

Yes this deck can be exhausting but I always find it is so right on with me on such a personal level its a bit spooky and thrilling. Like I just got over working on the 4 of cups in this deck. Geez talk about working on anger issues the energy was so profound that my husband started projecting his past anger on me as to need anger management! lol! That was him last year big time. Now yesterday I decided to pull 3 cards the 6 of cups again Sorrow issues I feel alot of these are not just coming from me but from some of the people I live with. We've had a bumpy year all of us. So not onlyare these cards hitting on issues with me but I can feel alot of these cards are hitting on the past and others around me. Go figure :)

Angel Star

I seem to be on emotional issues and working them out with the Voyager. Recently pulled again 6 of cups and 8 of cups. For sure I am feeling stagnated. To the earlier post on working on one symbol in a card. How does anyone feel when they see the big mask on the Death card? That is one place to start as I have been pulling the death card on almost all my decks. The death mask symbol the one with the pointy nose makes me think that death is just a mask to something else hidden. That if we can remove the mask death is something else than what we think it is. :p

mooncat2

I think our concept of Death is the mask that prevents us from seeing the Truth - that there is no Death, but a constant birth and rebirth.

I had to go and look at the card and the mask is a bit scary - I've always been drawn to the seated figure - i think of her as a pregnant woman - although I don't think she actually is. When all is still and seemingly dead as in the winter, unseen the seeds of new life are waiting for the spring.

Do you think you are in a transition time - waiting. Perhaps you are wearing " a mask" that is preventing you from moving on?