Pack with Hexagram

Lillie

Hello to everyone who reads this

I know that many versions of this question have been asked before, but I am afraid I am asking it again.

Many years ago I had the thoth Tarot, I used them for years, and I am thinking of buying it again. However I have certain requirements.

I want;
A large pack
With the unicursal hexagram (in red and black, preferably)
No borders around the back, I don't like them
Nice colours
Good LWB, with the essay by lady Freida Harris in it.

Mostly I wish I had my old pack, but that would take more than a miracle.

I suppose that the most vital thing is the hexagram. I couldn't live without that.

I live in the UK, far away from any big cities. ie. the butt end of nowhere!

Can any one help?

Oh yes, and I am poor, so I can't just buy a pack and then buy another if the first wern't right.

Good greif, I'm demanding, arn't I?

Seriously though, can anyone help?

Emily

Hi Lillie,

I've only ever seen one version of the large Thoth in person and it is the one I use. Its the Weiser edition ISBN 0-87728-452-0.

They are large nicely coloured cards, no hint of green, but they do have a slight white border on the back and the unicursal hexagram is black but the hexagram is multi-coloured.

I don't know much about the US Games edition - ie how they are coloured but this Weiser edition is made up of AGMuller cards and the US Games LWB (it does have the two essays by Lady Freida).

I bought this deck from Amazon and it was around £10.00 - much cheaper than the blue box Thoth.

Others on here will probably be able to advise you further but I do like this edition. :)

Lillie

Thankyou for replying.

A multi coloured hexagram! That must be wild looking!

I keep seeing cards in a greenish box with the 2 of discs on.
They seem to be published by red wheel/weiser. Now I've never heard of red wheel, nor seen it mentioned in any of the posts on here.
These appear to be the ones amazon are selling at the momment, are these the ones you have got?

Until last night I didn't realise there were so many different editions, and that there were so many differences between them.

Of course, if I have to get some that are not exactly like my old ones then I suppose I will have to. But I am hoping to get something as close as possible.

However... multi coloured hexagram...
I think that is starting to intrigue me!

Once again, thankyou.

Lillie

Having searched the net for two days solid, and reading every post on this site on the subject, I think I may originally have had the 'green' thoth.

They were in a white box and were bought aroung 84 ish.

I certainly got a strong feeling from them. though not a bad one.

I recall that after I had had them for many years I saw some owned by someone else. They were smaller and brighter. I really didn't like them. They felt like 'nothing' in my hands.

Were they the green, or just the 'muted' ones people talk about.

Where the hell am I going to get either of them from.

And the white box. I liked that!

Oh the pain and the sorrow!

Emily

Hi Lillie,

I don't think you'll find the green tinted Thoth in the white box anymore - unless like me you manage to get it used.

This is the version that has the black and red unicursal hexagram and no white borders on the backs of the cards. I find that the green colouring tends to make details harder to see - It was a long time before this deck accepted me so I do use the Thoth mentioned in my post yesterday more regularly than my green tinted one.

- I hadn't heard of the Weiser publishing house before getting this deck either lol. But it is a nice edition and alot cheaper than the blue box AGMuller version.

Emily

Hi Lillie,

Just a thought but maybe you could ask for a green tinted white box Thoth in the trading section? I know there are still some of these decks around and because of the green tint they're not so popular - there were quite a few posts on here about the vibes given off by the green Thoth.

I contributed to most of them because I had a hard time even handling my green Thoth when I first bought it - but we (me and the deck) are over that now. :)

rachelcat

Answers from someone who spends way too much time looking at books and cards on the internet:

Red Wheel is a brand/trademark of Weiser.

I just bought a new large Thoth deck (from Borders here in the US). It is in a green box with the two of disks and says it is from U.S. Games. Inside were the cards wrapped in clear celophane with a sticker that says it was printed by A.G. Mueller, along with a LWB from A.G. Mueller. I'm not sure that it has Lady Harris's essay in it. (My deck isn't with me at the moment. I'll let you know.) It includes the Unicursal Hexagram card. (I haven't figured out what that is yet, but it is pretty. Maybe you can enlighten me!!!) The cards don't have the famous (but never seen by me) green tint. Only the box is green!

Hope this helps!

Lillie

Hello.

Thanks for all the information.

Because of where I live I might actually have a better chance than most of getting the green ones. I live at the backend of nowhere and there might be old stock in some little shop somewhere.

Of course it is likley round here that anyone who buys them gets gets their names noted down in the big book, so that come may day they can be dragged up the hill to the wicker man that they build for all heretics who don't attent chapel regularly!

Sorry, I digress.

I'll have to wait until I have made more posts before I can go into the trading section. However, when I can I will be on the lookout for them icky green cards.

The Hexagram.
I always liked it, from the first momment I saw it. At first I was unsure about what to do with it, or wether I should use it or not. But I liked it so much that I always did. And when it turned up in a spread it always seemed to mean something special. The ultimate wild card, fate, wyrd, the blank rune, in the lap of the gods, etc.
I liked that card so much, I couldn't imagine the pack without it.

It was just my gut instinct to use it like this, but having read some posts on this site I was pleased to find that other people use it in the same way.

I freely admit that when I saw some of the blue box cards they were much brighter and the pictures more distinct.
However, for me, they did not have the same feel to them, and I could not connect with them at all.
This might have been because they belonged to someone else, or simply because I was so familiar with the look of mine that the brighter ones threw me compleatly.
Never the less I would be the first to say that the brighter ones have the better pictures, by far.

Funny old world.

Thank you both very much. At least I know what I am looking for now!

Lillie

Big, Big, Big Sigh!!!!

Now I am really confused.

I have found pictures of the Thoth on the net which look different from any of the others I have ever seen!

The main difference is that the borders are utterly blank, except for the words, which are in blue.
However the pictures look different too.

What I need to find is a list that lists all the editions and all the differences between them. And what 'extra' cards they have.

With pictures.
Good pictures.

Does anyone know of such a thing?

Vincent

Lillie said:
Big, Big, Big Sigh!!!!

Now I am really confused.

I have found pictures of the Thoth on the net which look different from any of the others I have ever seen!

The main difference is that the borders are utterly blank, except for the words, which are in blue.
However the pictures look different too.
Can you post the website address?

Vincent