Help with my natal chart.

Vilyariel

Hey all.
I just got my chart from astro.com...and, well.. i seem to be a bit of a walking contradiction. According to one book i used anyway, "first steps in astrology" by preston crowmarsh. This is the basic overview, i don't really know what alot of it means, but i just interpreted the major aspects. Basically, I just want some help in determining what it all means, and whether or not anyone has other info. Basically, it doesn't look too promising... i have no idea what the ascendant is, what my rising sign is,....so yeah, just _any_thing would be helpful.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for Vilyariel (female)
born on 26 Nov 1986 local time 08:05 am
in Yongwol, KOREA U.T. 23-05
128e28, 37n12 sid. time 11:57:14

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Planetary positions
planet sign degree house motion
Sun Sagittarius 03°23'04 12 direct
Moon Virgo 18°04'00 09 direct
Mercury Scorpio 14°09'49 11 direct
Venus Scorpio 04°53'40 11 stationary (D)
Mars Aquarius 29°54'06 03 direct
Jupiter Pisces 13°29'29 03 direct
Saturn Sagittarius 11°10'28 12/1 direct
Saturn is technically near the end of house 12 and is interpreted in house 1.
Uranus Sagittarius 21°25'50 01 direct
Neptune Capricorn 04°22'08 01 direct
Pluto Scorpio 08°19'07 11 direct
True Node Aries 19°58'41 04 direct

House positions (Placidus)
Ascendant Sagittarius 12°36'57
2nd House Capricorn 15°44'43
3rd House Aquarius 23°25'09
Imum Coeli Pisces 29°14'45
5th House Aries 28°30'53
6th House Taurus 22°02'34
Descendant Gemini 12°36'57
8th House Cancer 15°44'43
9th House Leo 23°25'09
Medium Coeli Virgo 29°14'45
11th House Libra 28°30'53
12th House Scorpio 22°02'34

Major aspects
Sun Square Mars 3°29
Sun Conjunction Saturn 7°47
Moon Sextile Mercury 3°54
Moon Opposition Jupiter 4°35
Moon Square Saturn 6°54
Moon Square Uranus 3°22
Moon Square Ascendant 5°27
Mercury Trine Jupiter 0°40
Mercury Conjunction Pluto 5°51
Venus Trine Mars 5°00
Venus Sextile Neptune 0°32
Venus Conjunction Pluto 3°25
Mars Sextile Neptune 4°28
Jupiter Square Saturn 2°19
Jupiter Trine Pluto 5°10
Jupiter Square Ascendant 0°53
Saturn Conjunction Ascendant 1°26
Neptune Sextile Pluto 3°57

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sun Square Mars 3°29
Endowed with abnormal energy, this person will use it destructively, is difficult to get along with, and will have nothing to do with those who disagree with them.

Sun Conjunction Saturn 7°47
This tends to make the naturally optimistic depressed and feel unjustly treated. Nevertheless, the person will be a good organiser and exectutive, though perhaps a trifle too amibitious, with sad results.

Moon Sextile Mercury 3°54
This combination makes the native sharp-witted, clever and adept at languages, especially if the moon is in aquarius, gemini, virgo or libra. As both planets favour change, there is a probability of much travel.

Moon Opposition Jupiter 4°35
the moon's influende, instead of helping the native, will hamper and hinder, tempt him to speculate foolishly, and cause loss of money and reputation. the judgement that jupiter gives becomes unsettled by the influence of the moon, so that choices of friends, profession and partner are bad; colours their judgement and leads to mistakes.

Moon Square Saturn 6°54
saturn weighs heavily, making the native a dull and pessimistic character, who sees traps and snares everywhere, even suspecting their friends. they are unbending and bitter, and though saturn provides the determination to get on, their schemes come to naught.

Moon Square Uranus 3°22
as both moon and uranus make for change this points to frequent changes in residence and a gypsy-like way of living. the unusual and exciting draws such people and they are apt to think too much of themselves.

Moon Square Ascendant 5°27
[really don't know what this means]

Mercury Trine Jupiter 0°40
this produces a law-abiding, tolerant, thinking person who sees problems clearly and tackles them logically. generous, open and a sound judge.

Mercury Conjunction Pluto 5°51
[no info on this...the book was published before pluto was discovered...!]

Venus Trine Mars 5°00
the native is ardently affectionate and socially ambitious. they will be popular and friends will help them. very charming with a love of the more showy sports at which he can cut a dash. good with busines, but generous.

Venus Sextile Neptune 0°32
This favourable combination produces musical and artistic talent, and friendships with artistic people who make like worth living. an intruiging personality that greatly attracts the opposite sex.

Venus Conjunction Pluto 3°25
[no info again]

Mars Sextile Neptune 4°28
mars provides enthusiasm and energy; neptune a liking for the occult and mystery. the native gravitates towards surgery and if neptune aspects are powerful, the sea. apt to dabble in drugs.

Jupiter Square Saturn 2°19
jupiter's fairness and sound judgement will be nullified by saturn which will make the native suspicious and unsympathetic. tendancy to result to the law which may be catastophic. disliked by all.

Jupiter Trine Pluto 5°10
[no info..yet again!]

Jupiter Square Ascendant 0°53
[er...no idea]

Saturn Conjunction Ascendant 1°26
[ditto]

Neptune Sextile Pluto 3°57
[no info]

anything would be appreciated!

dadsnook2000

Your chart is interesting

Vilyariel, hello. Your chart is interesting and certainly not, I repeat, NOT as bad as the remarks you re-printed. In fact, it is a sort of nice chart in many ways. I wouldn't interpret the chart in any way similar to what you have posted and I've been into astrology for over 30 years.

Your mutable signs on the ASC and MC suggest some flexibility and curiousity in your personality, an appreciation of what life is offering you. This, along with the 12th house Sun denotes a warm and outgoing personality. Yes, there is an opening square to Mars but this can signify one who takes charge and does things themselves with great energy -- and pershaps a little impatience. Mars in the third seeks outlets through opinions, writing, and staying in contact with others in any number of ways.

The Sun closing-square phase Moon pair (no conventional aspect, but thats not important) denotes one with a sense of the future and who can make a commitment to their goals and visions. The Moon opposition to Jupiter aspect suggests that you will find opportunities through others, or by helping others (this fits with the Sun's house position). Yes, do watch out for making rushed decisions and commitments, but use your sensitivity to detail and other's needs to help you both see the true value of others as well as to learn about yourself.

Saturn on the ASC degree is quite possibly a major influence on you. It can denote a tendancy to be overly serious or just reserved and cautious in how you deal with others. This isn't bad, its just the way you may choose to operate socially. But, this T-square with the Moon and Jupiter can be a great help as you develop a business sense and start to shape your life's goals. Conventional astrologers would see this aspect pattern and the 12th house Sun as signifying one who would go into some form of a service or health care business -- perhaps as a worker, but ultimately as one who would choose to create and manage such a business. At this age in your life I would tend to focus on applying the things you learn about how people live and conduct business to your professional growth plan. The great thing about astrology is that the symbols don't limit you -- they point to a lot of ways in which they can be expressed. Every symbol has many meanings.

With the whole eastern half of your chart being populated, versus the opposite half being empty, you will be very much your own person. The need to involve others in your life and work will revolve around how you use the Jupiter-Moon opposition. Moon squares both Saturn (conservatism) and Uranus (non-conservative) while Jupiter also trines Mercury. This is a good aspect, indicating your sense of critique and honest expression. People will trust you, and rightfully so as you will have a high sense of personal ethics.

All in all, this is a nice chart and I'm sure those around you already appreciate you for who you are. Life should go well for you and those around you. Dave.

isthmus nekoi

Hi Vilyariel,

If your time is accurate, and your program has calculated Saturn on the ASC, this would give you a Sagittarius rising. Basically, an ASC is not an actual body. It's a imaginary angle that you draw, extending the eastern horizon when you're born. A Sag rising denotes someone who values freedom and is always thinking of the "big questions". However, w/your sun/Saturn 12th house placements, the traditional buoyant optimism or enthusiam of the Sag ASC may be restrained or hidden.

Some placements may seem challenging. But like dadsnook, I would view those interpretations as too rigid. You can never tell how an aspect will manifest in isolation. You have to consider so many factors. e.g. Jupiter square Saturn = "unliked by all" is really silly. That would mean everyone born around the same time as you, and I mean w/i a large monthly time window, are also unliked by all, which of course is not possible.

Vilyariel

Thanks guys, i appreciate your input.

What you both mentioned was pretty well spot on with my personality.

Your mutable signs on the ASC and MC suggest some flexibility and curiousity in your personality, an appreciation of what life is offering you. This, along with the 12th house Sun denotes a warm and outgoing personality. Yes, there is an opening square to Mars but this can signify one who takes charge and does things themselves with great energy -- and pershaps a little impatience. Mars in the third seeks outlets through opinions, writing, and staying in contact with others in any number of ways.

that's very true. I like to get things done my own way, without help unless i ask for it. And I don't like waiting for things to happen, i just want it done then and there. I also enjoy writing [songwriting, letterwritting, journal-keeping, a bit of poetry now and then, and sometimes i try my hand at novel-writing], and a few years ago i won an award for being the most opinionated person in the grade at school....haha.

The Sun closing-square phase Moon pair (no conventional aspect, but thats not important) denotes one with a sense of the future and who can make a commitment to their goals and visions. The Moon opposition to Jupiter aspect suggests that you will find opportunities through others, or by helping others (this fits with the Sun's house position). Yes, do watch out for making rushed decisions and commitments, but use your sensitivity to detail and other's needs to help you both see the true value of others as well as to learn about yourself.
well, i tend to think in terms of the future and not the present, but i do change my mind alot about certain things. I am hoping to get a job in either graphic design or the music industry [maybe designing album covers and promo material, which would be the ultimate pairing of doing what i'd love to do], which seems to fit in with what you said. I have also wanted to be a 'behind the scenes' type person for a band, or movie, which also kind of fits in. I do tend to make rash decisions.

Saturn on the ASC degree is quite possibly a major influence on you. It can denote a tendancy to be overly serious or just reserved and cautious in how you deal with others. This isn't bad, its just the way you may choose to operate socially.
That's true. I tended toward....segregating myself away from my friends at school because they were just constantly being "stupid" and it just bothered me that they couldn't have a real conversation about anything other than being drunk.

But, this T-square with the Moon and Jupiter can be a great help as you develop a business sense and start to shape your life's goals. Conventional astrologers would see this aspect pattern and the 12th house Sun as signifying one who would go into some form of a service or health care business -- perhaps as a worker, but ultimately as one who would choose to create and manage such a business. At this age in your life I would tend to focus on applying the things you learn about how people live and conduct business to your professional growth plan. The great thing about astrology is that the symbols don't limit you -- they point to a lot of ways in which they can be expressed. Every symbol has many meanings.

well, i guess i have a bit of business sense, my friends are forever telling me what a little entreprenuer i am. I really would like to own a record company [although to be honest, i dont really understand the ins and outs of it], or a graphic design firm. Basically, I want to own a business of some kind in the end.

With the whole eastern half of your chart being populated, versus the opposite half being empty, you will be very much your own person. The need to involve others in your life and work will revolve around how you use the Jupiter-Moon opposition. Moon squares both Saturn (conservatism) and Uranus (non-conservative) while Jupiter also trines Mercury. This is a good aspect, indicating your sense of critique and honest expression. People will trust you, and rightfully so as you will have a high sense of personal ethics.

Well, thats true. I don't know how to explain it, but thats pretty much it; i am very much my own person. I do say what I think about things, which other people will generally agree with, unless it's a very farfetched idea that they just don't "get".

. A Sag rising denotes someone who values freedom and is always thinking of the "big questions". However, w/your sun/Saturn 12th house placements, the traditional buoyant optimism or enthusiam of the Sag ASC may be restrained or hidden.
That's true. As for the "hidden" optimism and enthusiasm, thats what i have done for a while with regard to some things.... i guess basically, i kept alot of what i was interested in [in the way of music and books and things] because i was so worried about others "Stealing" my interests. So i tended to not talk about my interests so much. [for example, i've had the same favourite band for almost 8 years. i tended to not talk about them at all until recently, just because they'd kind of gone out of the public eye for a while and i didnt want to cause a "Revival" as such among my friends]. i know that sounds selfish, but i'm very possessive in some ways, and bands just happen to be one of them, but only with maybe one or two bands that i've really been hanging onto for a long time. Actually, it was just a few days ago that i really "came out of my shell" so to speak and started to write, well... emotionally charged posts and such on my livejournal about my interests and how i really am, which is what i've been keeping hidden for a while, because i tend to be outwardly very confident and jokey, but really, i'm pretty much the opposite, and ididnt know how people would react to that. I'm very serious, but because of how i was, i found it difficult to be taken seriously.

sorry for the long explanation.

Thanks for the help!
Vilyariel

isthmus nekoi

You're very welcome. You may want to try plugging your natal data into http://www.astro.com - they give free charts and their computer interpretations while not perfect, are not bad.

dadsnook2000

Chart readings

It always amazes me that any one astrological interpretive program can be so different from another, and also how different they all can be from what an astrologer says. The difference, of course, is in what "looked at" within the chart. The software program looks at every aspect and placement, and may -- in some cases -- give more emphasis to planet-pairs in tight aspect or planets in certain signs. On the other hand, the astrologer often ignores much of the chart during an initial assessment and instead focuses only on the highly unique aspects. These included, in your chart, a T-square, Sun and Moon, Sun above the Asc., and Saturn on the Asc -- plus a passing glance at Mars and Mercury. I didn't need to consider the nodal axis, Venus, Pluto and Neptune to grasp the essentials of your chart.

This is perhaps the hardest part for those learning astrology to learn: what to focus on, what sort of a quick mental check list to use, how to keep your initial assessment simple. Stick with your studies regarding astrology so as to help yourself know yourself. Not everyone has to be capable of being a professional astrologer -- its always more fun and freeing to be a student as you can then concentrate on your full life ahead of you. Good luck and thank you for sharing your chart and offering such in-depth feedback. Dave.