WITCHES TAROT - 3 Cups

VisionQuest

I don't really understand this cards full meaning yet. However I was just looking through the deck and this one stood out to me.

It looks to me like the 3 women in the picture represent 3 generations (much like the 3 of wands card) and that they are all standing in front of the fountain of youth. It looks as if the eldest woman is beginning to drink from her cup, while the woman of the middle generation seems to be bringing her cup closer to her as if she is almost ready to drink it, and the youngest woman seems to have her arm fully extended and not at all ready to drink from the cup.

tarotlova

This really represents family ties to me, the fountain that they drink from represents the blood that we share, the cup's that they drink from the knowledge of the generations available to us if we would just drink from it and learn, how many of us listened to our Granparents/Parents and when we didn't wish we had. If we did mabey the road would of been alot straighter and strewn with flowers as depicted in the card. The blues in the card offer a healing the purple the spiritual of our ancestors. The trees in the back ground represent to me the generations before the one's in the cards.

gargoyle_guarded

this card always makes me think of a family gathering, a celebration of sorts, especially one such as a wedding anniversary.

but I'm really liking what visionquest and tarotlova have said.

Jamwalls

I see this card as representing the triple Goddess, the maiden, mother and crone all together. As the LWB suggests intuition it suggests to me not only womens intuition but also the ability to know where to be at the right time. The three ladies are all there in the right place with their cups without a drop being spilt.

gargoyle_guarded

Jamwalls said:
...but also the ability to know where to be at the right time. The three ladies are all there in the right place with their cups without a drop being spilt.

very well said