Tarokado

firemaiden

Who has seen the Tarokado?

(78 card tarot deck by Robert Cadot and Jose Acquelin, with colour majors, and black and white minors. Some cards can be seen at Tarot Garden: Tarokado)

It sure looks ravishingly beautiful.

Has anyone read with it?

Melvis

I got it! I got it! On Ebay, several years ago, that is.

It is very intricately drawn -- you could spend hours just looking at the details of each card. Hard to read with, though. Of course, this could be because I haven't taken the time to translate the LWB from the original french, nor have I purchased the book that Mr. Cadot wrote to go with it. Oops. But I do take it out once in a while and use the majors for a sample reading. They are colored and are a bit easier to decipher.

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

Cerulean

Here's a thread and more picture links...

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=29491&highlight=robert+cadot

Majors are great!

The minors take careful coloring if you dare; in many cases the details are so subtle, this takes awhile to look at carefully.

There's a French book associated with the deck. It was available on Amazon.com Canada last year and abebooks.com.

I haven't given up on the deck, but it takes work for me just to enjoy one pictures. At the moment, the Celestial gives me the same feel and is easier for me.

Regards,

Cerulean

Alta

I have it and I love the majors. Really, just stare at them. Minors, I can't relate and it is not just the B&W aspect.

NightWing

Waiting for Cadot

However the deck may be, unless you read french fluently, Cadot's book won't do you much good. And be careful in ordering. I thought I was ordering the deck from Amazon.ca but what came was the book...which then was useless in TWO different ways to me!

I'm still hoping to be able to get the deck someday (sigh).

scottish zoe

tarokado pack

I have just aquired this via Tarot Garden. Can't read French at all so am just going with my feelings. I really like the minors as well - but I agree they take a lot of study to work with. They work well with a comparative tarot approach, but many do seem to have a more reflective feel to them them usual. Does anyone who has any other relatively modern French decks know if this is a general trend?

Cerulean

There's a feeling about some modern decks on their flowing way

of blending in so many different things.

Tarokado is one beautiful flow of large colors and cards so yes, one gets a feeling of meditative interaction and interesting stories.

I have a few art decks that were distributed both to France and Italy or Europe in general...but this one is a painterly version of something I cannot quite define. Let's just say the Leon Carre's beautiful pictures in the Lo Scarabeo's Tarot of 1001 Nights has the same colors and the intricacy of Elisabetta Trevisan's Crystal Tarots has a similar feeling...I wonder does anyone has Robert Cadot's book?

Are there stories that seem to match the beautiful images?

Cerulean

weaver

I am reviving this thread because Jeannette, from the Tarot Garden, recently played a card from this deck in the "Identify the Deck" game. The images that one can find of Tarokado online look gorgeous. Is anyone using this deck? If so how? Any and all thoughts and input in terms of your experience working with the Tarokado Tarot would be most welcome.

Thanks!

weaver

WolfSpirit

I agree with what others have said:
it is a beautiful deck but very untraditional. The cards are very big, so they can do proper justice to the artwork.
The majors are coloured and more traditional, so they are easier to work with.
The minors are in black and white, very untraditional, and look to me like images in a dream - very subtle and calming.
I must admit though I have not used it much yet. I wonder if there are people here who have read the book and learnt from it ? I think I would rather use my own intuition on these cards I think.