Plate from Temple in India with zodiac systems and more

Jpoor

I'm not sure this is the best place to post this thread, but I have a plate that is supposedly from a Sacred Temple in India. I can see two zodiac systems as well as what seems to be the I Ching in the inscriptions. The plate is farily detailed, and I am wondering if there is anyone out there that can help me decode it, or point me in the right direction to start......

Thanks
Jim

Fitz

Given that it is from India, you might want to check out Vedic Astrology.

Jpoor

Thanks, I'll do that, I'm pretty sure there is more to it than just astrology though. The person that gave it to me said that the best she has been able to figure is that it tells a story about man's attempts to control creation or something of the sort.

Fitz

Any chance you could post a picture of it?

Jpoor

Well, I can't post directly since I haven't paid a subscription yet, but I have a digital camera and can get a picture posted to my home page tomorrow.

Fitz

Cool, I think that would help anyone with info to see if they can help.

Fitz

Jpoor

Ok, I have pictures poste at the link which you will find under my home page under my profile in this site. Look in the "From India" folder for several views.

I'd post the link here, but I think that although it wouldn't break the spirit of the law, it may break the letter, and I"ve seen some talk about that lately...

Tks
Jim

prudence

hi JP
That symbol in the center reminds me of a Feng Shui ba'gua, it even has the 9 squares that the ba'gua has representing rooms or spaces in one's house.
Odd, the symbol on the back of both of your pendants is almost identical to the symbol on the back of a yin/yang pendant of mine from Tibet (or made by Tibetan refugees?) The 4 arrows pointing to the center like that, and it's very similar to the 4 of swords in the Thoth deck. Don't know what it means tho. Have you ever seen a feng shui ba'gua? (it can be googled)

what do you ean about breaking the spirit of the law? or the letter?

Jpoor

HI back :D

I haven't seen one, but I'll look. I am leaving for LA on Tuesday and am pretty swamped. Actually, there is only one, the color change came from different lighting and such trying to get the details to pop out....

Jpoor

Oh, the lawbreaking thing was in referance to nonpaying subscribers not being able to post links in threads. I haven't had time to dig into it enough yet, and I'd rather be safe.