Where to wear

Gaby

Hi!
I've been reading a lot in a lot of sites. Even, I always was interested about chemistry and stones and geology; I was just a little girl when I started. One information is always confused: what are the best places of the body to wear stones. Some people says it doesn't matter; but another people gives it a big importance. I know that rings have their own meaning and symbology, pendants, bracelets and crowns have their own too...
My question is: must we wear the stones in a determinated part of the body for a better performance? The fingers have their significate, but... is the same to wear a ring on left or rigth hand????
Thank you!
A big hug
Gaby

Bluemanticore

Gaby, IMO, when it comes to magic, it is pretty much all about gut feelings. Yes, there is much common information such as what stones to wear where to do what, but this info is all merely guidelines, not written-in-stone laws. You can follow them if it feels right, or go completely off in your own direction. I suggest you use what you read from others as merely foundations for you to build on. What matters is what works for you. Hope this helps.

BlueManticore

Gaby

Great, that is my feeling too!
Thanks a lot, friend
A big hug
Gaby

Kirranan

I agree. In my experience with crystals it really doesn't matter as long as they are within your aura they will work on it. Even just being in the same room as crystals has an effect.

psychic sue

I read this thread the other day, and it struck me that I was still wearing a gold bracelet given to my someone who I now see as a negative influence.

I have taken it off and I feel so much better already! Is this connected do you think, or is it psycholgical?

Gaby

Good question... I'm terrible about that, I always think "girl, that's only in your mind" when things like that happens... I think it's a combination of both things. You feel something "eeeeeeeeck" about the person (the bracelet reminds you that) and metals and stones absorbs energies. Did you try washing and cleaning it? Perhaps the problem is not in the bracelet itself, but it has some negativity.
Of course, I think that the opposite happens! You can add your feelings about a person to the power of a stone. Look, I had a siamese cat who died at 19 years old. I loved it like my own child. When she was dying, I've put arround her neck my aquamarine pendant (old Roman ritual, they thought that aquamarine helps to face the final journey, and it can keep the escence of the dying on it). I always loved that pendant, and I feel perfect with it. But now... it feels so, so better! I'm very attached to it, and the powers and benefits I always felt are increased

Deszroo

That story about your cat and the jesture with your pendant was very touching...what a wonderfull thing to think of doing. I wear a necklace that was my mothers..I gave to her actually. She lived and died with it on...which I think is significant in that is was activated or connected to primal energies as opposed to going unworn most of the time. I think its very protective for me, has shown a connection,..and was a great emotional and psychological comfort at one point. I've noticed a definite difference upon removing it/wearing it...and for that I've learned to honor ;not take for granted the necklace or the intuition I had to put to wear it in the first place. Also...I posted some experiences kind of related to "where to wear" ..see under post "Black Tourmaline" ...Deszroo

Emeraldgirl

I think it really depends on what is comfitable for you. If somethingsays you shoudl wear a stone as a bracelet and you can't stand anything on your wrist it's not going to be very benefical for the wearer as opposed to wearing the same stone as a pendant or a ring. Whatever feels the most comfitable and the best is probably going to be the way that works best for you.

Kyrielle

One of the books I have makes some suggestions, like "wear as earrings" or "wear as a ring on your right hand" or "wear as a pendant that hangs at your solar plexus" for individual stones. If anyone has a request for a certain stone, I will see if it is listed and look it up.

I can't remember the title right now, but I will post it later as a source if people are interested.

Kyrielle

The Doc

Stones all tend to have the same effect no matter how it is attached to you. I have found from reading and doing, how the stone is attached to you effect how the stone works. The is a thing i noticed, when i wear hemite, i feel the stone calm me more than carried in my pockect. Also a hemite in the middle of a pentigram neckalice effects my mind set vs. in a hemaite going all the way around my neck does not effect my mind set. I think what symbles the stone has on it or is in can effect the effect. But closer to the heart works better for me, you need to find/ feel what is right for you.

The Doc.