Six de Coupe

Little Baron

Hi Everyone

I didn't want to start a new 'How may it be read' thread, since jmd always starts them but I did want to see what people think of the 'VI de Coupe'.

I have slowly been working my way through the Coupe cards - the 'How May It Be Read' threads have been a great source of information, as have some of the 'Let's Marseille' readings.
Everything seems to make sense to me, as I work my way into the 'five'. It is funny how some see RWS meanings when they look at the minors of the Marseille; I did as well at one point, but those first five cards of the Coupes speak to me in their own way now - there positioning is my default, rather than the pictorial images associated with the RWS. However, when I get to 'six', I stop. Things seem ordered there and I think firstly of the choises shown in 'L'Amoureux'. I don't necessarily see them as groups of two, but two columns of three; almost like two pathways that could be taken.
Is the whole idea of remenisance and memories a Waite thing or does it stem from further back? I ask because my intuition looks at the bud closest to the bottom of the card. There is a flower higher up on the stem but it is closer to that bud, than the one at the top - intuitively, I wonder if that bud clings either to the past somewhat or is still connected to problems that may have been associated with the 'five'.
And now another question - that 'five'. I look at the five to be connected with Le Pape, who I do not consider to be a bringer of problems; he blesses the two guys with him, rather than hindering them. However, that fifth cup maybe plays with the organisation of the previous four and therefore, could add a bit of disharmony.
So, does the six offer some movement from the five in a possitive direction - opportunities, paths and decisions to take and make. Things definitely look happier in the 'seven' - that central cup looks genuinely accepted by the others around it and the floral arrangement.
Is it being dragged back to the card before it?

A little confused and would appreciate any of your 'takes' on this.

Regards
LB

Fulgour

Six de Coupes may be the most family oriented of the suit,
presenting the harmony of an adult table with all of its joys.
Imagine a young couple, entertaining both sets of parents,
or a gathering of old friends, seated around a well set table.

Kissa

I don't see a family table, I see two separate worlds developing in parallel and this barrier in the middle making sure they do not mix.

I work with the Hadar, so maybe I'm missing something here. Must check on some other more traditional TdM scans.

thinbuddha

Kissa said:
I don't see a family table, I see two separate worlds developing in parallel and this barrier in the middle making sure they do not mix.

I see both. Or neither. It depends on the question, and other cards around it, doesn't it?

Psy

I had an answer, but it became a new thread. If you're interested, here's the link:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=138463

Basically it said that instead of linking the minors to the majors from I to X, i linked the minors to the majors as PAIRS. More details in the thread xP.

John

Kissa

Thx Psy for the answer that I read before it became another thread.

The Six de Coupe came as the third card in my reading about Lisbeth Salander, the heroine of the Millenium book series.
I got inspired by ThinBuddha's reading for the character of his scripts and thought that Lisbeth was a brilliant character to read about. I asked the question: Who are you Lisbeth? but didn't apply any meaning to the positions of the cards.
Card 1 was XVII L'Etoile
Card 2 was III L'Imperatrice
Card 3 Six de Coupe.
If you know the story of the books, the two first cards make sense without having to think too hard. Lisbeth was innocence and dreaming, just like any child when her mom got badly beaten and ended up invalid.
The Six de Coupe made me scratch my head, but I stick to my first impression: two worlds apart separated by a thick line in the middle. It fits the conspiracy theory present in the trilogy. I even started to identify the 6 cups with some characters of the book, who's whose ally, who's facing/fighting whom. Makes sense.
So yes, indeed any card can mean anything :)

I have to do a reading about what happened to Lisbeth after the third tome LOL.