person's free will. Rings worn there could thus have a
detrimental influence. Necklaces affect the personality,
earrings discernment and perception. Bracelets affect your
freedom of choice, thus gems of tranquility and protection should
be worn on the wrists. Belt buckles affect the wearer's vital
forces; turquoise, for instance, is a relaxing, balancing stone
whereas carnelian (a translucent reddish stone) promotes
protection and endurance.

I've noticed something weird. I always wear some rings; in particular one with an incredible aquamarine which matches with a pendant and the other with a Lighting Ridge black opal. They are both sized to my third finger. The best way to wear them, when I feel them better, is the aquamarine in the lift hand and the opal in the right. If you consider my profession (I'm a pro musician, a choir and orchestra conductor.) it makes some sense, right? Aquamarine for the creative impulse (it's a receptive and "inner" stone) and the black opal for the creative manifestation (opal is the musician's stone, it helps you to be in touch with the public).

Bluemanticore

Gaby, that list brings up something to me that is a little freaky. I just happen to wear an amethyst ring on my left little finger. In my Tarot of Gemstones and Crystals, the amethyst is the stone on the Death card, the card of change, ending of one thing to start another. A perfect match with your list saying the left little finger is change.

peridot

Wow Gaby, that is soooo great. I never even thought of my fingers before! Or why we choose to wear certain things and change them at certain times. Thank you for bringing this up. I’m really going to think about this and maybe make some adjustments. :)

So funny I never wear rings on any other fingers than my third and I change them every day. Except my wedding rings. So that would be I switch my left hand ring every day. And you know maybe that’s why I feel like I should be doing so much more with my creativity but maybe I do not see the inspiring things around me.

I won’t go on and on but you really got me thinking here. Like the bracelets I choose to wear and neclaces and when I change them. I'm even thinking back to when I was younger and wearing certain things and why and what that means... I’m making notes! Hey, thanks a lot. I'll get back to you and let you know.

lunalafey

moddie message

Will be moving this thread to the divination forum in 24 hours

March 22-
I spoke with with the divination moddie before moving- we figured the topic could go into either forum. Since it originated here, I'm leaving it here
:)

Gaby

Hehehehehe!
Yes! It's really a little freaky!
Blue manticore, it's so interesting what you've said about the amethyst. I don't understand a lot about tarot (I love it and its symbology!), and I didn't know that amethyst was the Death card, the change and renovation!!!
Peridot, I never think about my fingers before in those terms, but I love history, and I remember how important was their meaning to the ancient Romans. By other side, I work with ancient music (my specialty is profane XIVth. century music), and the poems and documents of that age have a lot of symbols and meaning which involves fingers, or the position of a jewel, amulet or talisman in the body.