Spirit Guide Group: Encounters

Sophie-David

OK, this is really strange Sue. On the weekend I found paired acorns on our shop counter. I thought this was very strange, we don't have any oak trees around here. Why are these here and what do they mean? I put them on Lynn's desk and forgot about them. When you mentioned the acorns I asked Lynn if she knew where they came from. The pastor's wife had used them when she did a homily with them a few weeks ago, referring to St. Brigid.

I checked out your link to Artemis, the maiden form of the Goddess. Artemis was very resonant to me of the characteristics of Sophie, who is herself linked to Diana, the Roman version of Artemis. In my own cosmology, Sophie, Diana and Artemis all link very closely to the High Priestess - which just happens to be your card of the week. Note too that St. Brigid and the Celtic Goddess Brigid were famous for their wisdom.

psychic sue

Woa David that is a bit spooky! But great too!

I enjoyed the link on St Brigid (thanks), and I feel sure that the full message of the acorns will reveal itself in the weeks to come.

It's funny, but I was meditating last night and thinking about these acorns and I kept hearing your name - I dismissed it as my own mind looking for a link. I really should listen to myself more.

psychic sue

I have been reading Ted Andrews book - How to Meet and Work with your Spirit Guides. In it, he suggests that you ask your guides for a message personal to you. I couldn't resists of course, so I asked.

Last night as I lay in bed a white butterfly flew in my window (see my thread on white butterflies). It landed in the centre of my altar. The poor thing was on its last legs, and died there. Funny thing was, my black cat was in the room - she saw it fluttering about but didn't try and pounce on it - this is very unusual as she ALWAYS attacks the various moths and daddy long legs about in the summer. I have kept it's body as it is so beautiful. I think this butterfly is actually more connected to my son than me, but I thought it strange that this happened.

The next thing happened as I was going to sleep - I heard my grandmother's voice say "Bab" - this was the name she called me and no-one else has called me by it for 32 years. It is not a name that I even think about on a day to day basis. It was very moving for me and brought me to tears. I cannot describe the sound - it wasn't aural, more in my head. But it was as clear as a bell, and brought me right back into a wide awake state.

I am convinced that my grandmother is around me and working as a guide. I have had too many "reminders" of her lately (not that I don't think about her all the time). This message was just what I asked for - something simple but very personal to me.

Sue x

Sophie-David

psychic sue said:
Last night as I lay in bed a white butterfly flew in my window (see my thread on white butterflies). It landed in the centre of my altar. The poor thing was on its last legs, and died there. Funny thing was, my black cat was in the room - she saw it fluttering about but didn't try and pounce on it - this is very unusual as she ALWAYS attacks the various moths and daddy long legs about in the summer. I have kept it's body as it is so beautiful. I think this butterfly is actually more connected to my son than me, but I thought it strange that this happened.
Well, maybe I'm just obsessing about this - significant dreams can make that happen - but here again we have the healthy black cat and the white butterfly (this time not a cat) offered in self-sacrifice.
psychic sue said:
The next thing happened as I was going to sleep - I heard my grandmother's voice say "Bab" - this was the name she called me and no-one else has called me by it for 32 years. It is not a name that I even think about on a day to day basis. It was very moving for me and brought me to tears. I cannot describe the sound - it wasn't aural, more in my head. But it was as clear as a bell, and brought me right back into a wide awake state.
Both these events are very beautiful Sue. :)

psychic sue

As I was drifting off to sleep last night, I felt that someone was leaning over me - you know the feeling when your eyes are closed, but you know that someone is there? I opened my eyes, and saw a shadow flash past the bed. I am sure someone was in my room with me.

I also kept seeing arabic writing when I closed my eyes last night. I am going to have a look on google and see if I can find the symbols I saw.

psychic sue

Found it! Its the Om synmbol.

http://altreligion.about.com/library/glossary/symbols/bldefsom.htm

I found this quote too :-

"The goal which all the Vedas declare, which all austerities aim at, and which men desire when they lead the life of continence … is OM. This syllable OM is indeed Brahman. Whosoever knows this syllable obtains all that he desires. This is the best support; this is the highest support. Whosoever knows this support is adored in the world of Brahma."
~ Katha Upanishad I

So, do you think I am being told to meditate on this or even chant?

Sophie-David

The Sound of Being

Sue, what a beautiful touch of spirit, to be brought the image of Om in this form! The script itself is so expressive of the sound. Yes, I think you already know the answer to that one. :) I have discovered that singing Om is actually a wonderful way to warm up the voice: it can be done so as to contain all the open vowels. At the very end of The Power of Myth, Joseph Campbell has perhaps the most powerful study and invocation of the sacred sound that I have read anywhere. It is a bit too long to quote it here, but here are some highlights:
"AUM" is a word that represents to our ears that sound of the energy of the universe of which all things are manifestations...When you pronounce it properly, all vowel sounds are included...All words are thus fragments of AUM...The birth, the coming into being, and the dissolution that cycles back. AUM is called the "four-element syllable." A-U-M - and what is the fourth element? The silence out of which AUM arises, and back into which it goes, and which underlies it...That is what we would call the immortal.
Sat Sri Akaal - Truth is eternal
David

psychic sue

Thanks for the info David - it's kind of like the World card isn't it?

One thing I have noticed, is that my Guides seem to point me to many different religions - maybe this Om symbol is also a message telling me that all religions lead to the same creator force.

I'll get a book on chanting and start using this.

Many thanks and blessings

Sue x

WhiteRaven

I'm not sure if this is the proper thread for this.....please forgive me if I am wrong in posting here....

I'm also not sure if this is what you would consider an "Encounter"....although, it's been several weeks since this happened..I still visualize it quite clearly...and ponder on it quite often....

I was listening to a drumming CD...doing trancework...and my first vision was a beautiful black raven....that turned and soared towards the sun...then I came upon an Native American Elder.....she was sitting on the ground...creating a dream catcher....I could see the first row finished around the hoop.....she looked up to me and smiled....she said, "This is the way that you do it..." I fell to my knees next to her and she gave me the most beautiful Eagle's Feather I have ever seen....I took the feather and bowed, laying my head on her lap....and I began to cry...

My journey continued after that....at one point I was flying across the cementary here in Montreal....and then running through the Summit (part of the Mountain here).....although it wasn't me running....It was like I was running with someone....inside them....(I'm not a runner...never have been.)

But what I sit and ponder on the most....is the Elder and the feather....and my reaction to the gift she gave me....

I hope this is in the proper place...

WR

Sophie-David

Hello WhiteRaven

Thank you so much for sharing this vision here! I think either this thread or Meditations work equally well. I just had goosebumps as I was reading it... I really can't single out one line - the cumulative effect is very beautiful. No wonder you are still visualizing it! :)

If it needs to mean anything at all - and I'm not sure it does - what do you think the eagle feather was saying to you?

Is the Summit where they made that movie, Jesus of Montréal? I actually didn't like the movie very much, but some images have stayed with me.

Blessings - David