Who owns Living the Tarot?

Angel Star

If anyone ownes this book how do you like it and is it worth buying? Its not that much on Amazon but I would appreciate any feedback on this book as it seems like a good one on the Tarot and alot recommend it and its gotten good reviews.

Kiama

I would highly recommend this book!

It only goes through the Major Arcana, but it is SOOOO in depth! Amber Jayanti goes through each one, giving you the BOTA card which you can colour in (The colours are even suggested in the book!), her experience of each card in real life, the associations for the card, its meaning, Qabalic and esoteric significance,and things you could do to focus on that card, eg- What scents to where, afirmations, colours, songs... She also includes expriences from her students and fellow Tarot-enthgusiaists of each card.

A wonderful book, at an excellent price! Go for it!

Kiama

Kiama

Ah, synchrnicity! Diana, I was posting at the same time you were... Well Agel Star, you have two totall different opinions! Helpful, eh? :p ;p

Kiama

Liliana

Sounds like I may get it atsome point, even if its just to use as a big coloring book ;)

:THP

Angel Star

Ok you guys now I am so confused as to buy it or not. :confused: Well Amazon is offering it and 78 degrees of Wisdom for twenty bucks but I have been wanting the Fantastical Tarot for so long so it may just be the deck and Living the Tarot. I have seen this book along time ago but it was under Llewellyn publication and I remember it went thru each major arcana and it looked very interesting but I never picked it up cause I was not all into the tarot like now. Maybe after hubby gets his pay check I will charge it on our account instead of mine he he! :rolleyes: How about 78 degrees of wisdome do you guys have an opinion on that book? Let me know cause its a show down :)

truthsayer

imho it's no contest. 78 degrees of wisdom is a classic and one i think 50% of ppl on the forum would say is the best. the other 50% would say tarot for yourself by mary k. greer. i don't have living the tarot but whenever we've done polls of the best tarot books i don't remember ever seeing that one on it. the third would be learning the tarot by joan bunnning. joan's book is also a free download. http://www.learntarot.com

catlin

I also got Living the Tarot and if you don't mind all the Golden Dawn input and if you consider buying "Tarot and the Tree of Life" by Mrs Kliegman then it is ok because IMO they both go well together.

Angel Star

78 degrees of Wisdom

I own Tarot and the Tree of Life and I am on the pentacle suit right now and I think its a great book. If Living the Tarot is anything like that book then I would like it. Plus I study the Quabalah anyways and work on the paths. Maybe the book would be really good for me, but does anyone own 78 degrees of Wisdom as I have heard this is a great tarot book also? :)

jmd

I too own and have read the books you mention (both vol 1 & 2 of 78 Degrees of Wisdom, and Living the Tarot)...

I guess that I do not value these as many others on this forum do.

In you're really interested in BOTA material, I would recommend you have a look at P. F. Case's own books.