Problems with the Druidcraft

bassetized

Elektra said:
Oh, someone else in another thread said something about big bare feet maybe signifying a groundedness and connection to earth.
I think is correct. If you look at the cards where someone is wearing shoes, they are those that traditionally are least connected to earth or nature (i.e. the Knight and King of Swords), or those where the earth connection is a monetary one (i.e., the 4 Pentacles). I like the big feet--I also like the fact that the women have a little bit of size to them. We could use a bit more hobbit if you ask me. :) Well worth putting up with a few red spots.

And Kim, I'm so incorrigible I visit the De-enabling thread to scope out decks I might like to buy. ;)

--bassetized

ncefafn

bassetized said:
And Kim, I'm so incorrigible I visit the De-enabling thread to scope out decks I might like to buy. ;)

--bassetized

LOL! That reminds me, I've got a bridge up for sale. Interested? It's priced at $2 million, but because it's you, I'll let you have it for $900K.

Kim

OakDragon

I've been meaning to add my 2 cents to this thread for days, but I just now got un-lazy enough to dig out my Druidcraft from among the many "new" decks that I still haven't used much yet. My deck, which is the Dutch version I purchased when I was in the Netherlands a several weeks ago, does not seem to have any blemishes or blurriness. The only (extremely) minor lack I note in it, is that the card stock seems to be ever-so-slightly on the flimsy side. Over all, I am quite happy with the deck. I agree that issues with the deck seem to be limited to certain printings (the US Games version?).

Shade

There are little whit e marks on two of the cards, normally I owuldn't mind but one of them is Death. I thought about contacting the publisher then decided that the little dots were small enough not to distract too much while reading and I had planned on getting a second copy at some point anyway.

Sophie

ncefafn said:
I suspected as much, which is why I never went there. I don't want to be de-enabled! :laugh:
No - we need to de-enable the DruidCraft de-enablers instead ;)

shadowdancer

it looks as though it does depend on the print run

Mine arrived today and I love them to bits. The artwork is amazing, and is so in tune with how I intepret the cards.

However:

the backs are different shades
the cut is off centre, as shown by the borders being slightly skewed
there is a huge scuff mark on the rear of the Lovers

The finish quality does appear to be lacking but I guess I have always been spoiled in the past.

Due to the weight of the set it is unlikely I will send it back - postage costs would be too high. It is still more than workable so will stick with them.

Davina

Jewel-ry

I have received my druidcraft today and just wanted to say that on first look there are no problems with it at all!

I did wonder though - I ordered mine through Amazon UK but when I ordered it there were two different ISBN numbers and two different prices!

I have ISBN 0-312-31502-3 published by St Martins Press
but there is also ISBN 1-859-06144-3 published by Connections

I wonder if the problems occur with one particular publication?

Anyway, I love it. Very happy I ordered it.

Sulis

I think you could just be right there Jewel-ry.

I have the same the St Martins Press version - no problems with mine at all.

Love

Sulis xx

WhiteRaven

Jewel-ry said:
I have received my druidcraft today and just wanted to say that on first look there are no problems with it at all!

I did wonder though - I ordered mine through Amazon UK but when I ordered it there were two different ISBN numbers and two different prices!

I have ISBN 0-312-31502-3 published by St Martins Press
but there is also ISBN 1-859-06144-3 published by Connections

I wonder if the problems occur with one particular publication?

Anyway, I love it. Very happy I ordered it.

Mine is the ISBN 1-859-06144-3 and it has small defects.

Emily

I've just looked at mine and its the Connections one.

ISBN - 1-85906-144-3

It has different browns on the backs but thats all.

Must be the Connections Publishing one that has all the problems.