Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

World Spirit Study Group - Moon (18)

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > World Spirit Tarot

Citizen

Seed Crystal 
Citizen

World Spirit Study Group - Moon (18)

A river flows from foreground to the horizon beyond and between two jagged desert pillars. On the right side a cyote or wolf and on the left a dog drink from its waters. A lobster rises from the watery depths. Above is the moon in its last quarter. Dew drops from the heavens.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #1
believer in magic

Sulis 
believer in magic

I love the use of colour in this card.
The way she has used the blue and the pink gives a psychedelic weirdness to the card; it makes me think of a sort of drug induced vision.
This card almost looks like a negative image, a bit like film before it's developed- very appropriate for the strangeness signified by The Moon card where things just look eerie and not quite right..

The dog and the wolf almost look as if they are drinking or about to drink from the stream which represents the unconscious.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #2
Citizen

Bonnie 
Citizen

The Moon

I like the traditional rendering of this card. I also like what the author refers to as "night vision". This can literally be vision in the night (which is very different from vision in the light of the day). I love walking at night - it has a whole different feel to it, even if you are walking in the same places that you usually walk during the day.

"Night vision" as a look into the unconscious is another thought here. Night is a good time for accessing our unconscious/subconscious self, adn the mind-chatter from the waking hours is effectively "shut off".

It is interesting how sometimes in a reading the Moon represents the Grandmother archetype, grounded and centeredness, sometimes it represents our shadow side, and sometimes it represents our wild side!

Blessings,
Bonnie
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #3

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.