Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Legend: Two of Shields, Castle Pendragon

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Legend: the Arthurian Tarot

Citizen

Sophie-David 
Citizen

Legend: Two of Shields, Castle Pendragon

In the Legend Two of Shields, the attempt to balance a project's priorities has resulted in an amusing failure. Uther has built a moat around his Castle Pendragon, but cannot manage to it fill with water. As he looks down from the bridge which passes over to the impressive towers of his new castle, all that he sees in the moat are a few insignificant puddles. But although of limited use for defence, the empty moat has become a rather attractive rock garden, and the golden leaves of the nearby trees have filled it with their priceless riches. In any project, no matter how one tries to organize and plan, perfection can never be achieved. Compromises are always required, and humour is often the best response to the frustrations which inevitably arise.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #1
Citizen

WalesWoman 
Citizen

This is a card of irony... the best laid plans of mice and men are surely doomed to fail... something like that.

I don't know why, but when I see this card I think of meeting things or someone halfway... bridging a gap, sort of neither here nor there but somewhere inbetween. I have no idea why... is just something that comes to my mind before Arthur's puddle. LOL

No wonder it is sort of a feel good card, it does make you laugh to think about it... unless of course your world is depending on the quality of your defenses.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #2
Citizen

Leo62 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalesWoman
I don't know why, but when I see this card I think of meeting things or someone halfway... bridging a gap, sort of neither here nor there but somewhere inbetween.
I like that idea. I see this as the "project management" card - the moment in any complex undertaking when everything is going wrong and it all seems to be on the brink of falling apart. This is the time that demands all of our creative resources; how can we respond to this unseen adversity and salvage the project? Necessity is the mother of invention, as the cliche goes.

I like the fact that the two men are together on the bridge, talking. Problem-solving or brainstorming perhaps. How does one bridge a gap that seems impossible? By thinking about it differently, looking at things from a different angle, examining how limitations can be turned to one's advantage.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #3
Citizen

Sophie-David 
Citizen

Yes, I also like these images of the bridge as a point of balance, a reconciliation between two sides, and good place for a brainstorming session. It wouldn't be the only castle with a dry moat, since they also have their advantages, restricting the enemies movements and preventing a hit and run attack - and no paddling up to the walls!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #4

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.