accepting humanity/mortality spread?

temperlyne

Does anyone know of a good spread to use when dealing with the frustrations of being human/mortal? I'm at a point in my life when I find it very frustrating that what can be concieved in the mind can not be translated into anything physical. Language is an inferiour communication device since a lot of info just cannot be transferred this way or gets lost in the translation. The body is a neccesary vessel of our conciousness, but it also limits us in our abillities.
Is there a good spread that can help me come to terms with my limitations and balance my spiritual and physical self?
I hope my post makes any sense...

Grigori

Spiral of Counsciousness

I am re-reading Pollack's "Forest of Souls" at the moment, and this spread sprang to mind. I have just gathered up the courage to start asking the big questions.

I will try and draw it...

13 cards, in a 3 ring spiral.
--------------11-------------
--------------7--------------
--------------3--------------
10---6---2---1----4---8---12
--------------5--------------
-------------9-----------------
-------------13---------------

So forms three levels, cards 1-4, 5-8, 9-12 + 13 as an extra.

First Level = inner self
Second level= outside world and your dealings with them
Third Level= spiritual or emotional "becomming" or what you can grow into.

The first card of each series (1, 5, 9) are past experiences
Second cards (2, 6, 10) how the experience has affected you
Third cards (3, 7, 11) Near future
Fourth Cards (4, 8, 12) Long range possibilities.

Final card (13) is possibilities for new beginnings

Page 105 for those with the book. :)

Imagemaker

When I first read the book a couple years ago, this spread didn't interest me at all--and now I found your post and went and did it right off!

And got quite accurate things that really reflect where I am right now. I used the Fey deck.

The only thing I'm confused about is that my "possibilities for a new beginning" card is the Hanged Man.

The thing that comes to me most sensibly is that I don't need a new beginning (happy hanging here figuring things out), which is true.

Anyway, cool spread!