Play Nice - Resolving Issues Between Two Rivaling Decks

vernissage

This spread was inspired from this post about decks that don't "play nice." This spread is supposed to decide why, and how the querent can help the decks get along with each other.

(Deck 1)``````(Deck 2)
6`````7``88``7`````6
4``3```1`22`1```3``4
5``````````````````5

1. Representative of this Deck - the deck's chosen "spokesman".

2. Major Issue - A mutually agreed upon problem that is causing the most tension. Both cards should be interpreted together as one card. Lay these two cards side-by-side across and perpendicular to cards 1 -- like in the Celtic Cross.

3. Opinion - How this Deck views the Other Deck.

4. Minor Issue - An issue this Deck has with the Other Deck that is merely bothersome.

5. Desire - What kind of relationship this Deck wants with the Other Deck.

6. Need - What this Deck wants from the Querent.

7. Single Solution - This Deck's suggested solution to the problem.

8. Combined Solution - Both deck's mutually agreed solution to the problem. Both cards should be interpreted together as one card.

Unfortunately, I haven't had any free time to myself lately. I'll use this spread on my Thoth and Healing with the Faeries later this week and post the results!

Thanks again to lunar_rabbit for the idea.

- V.

inanna_tarot

noted and will have to try this out with my thoth and my faeries oracle -- ohh Uncle Al wouldn't be super happy about that one I'm sure :p
Thanks luv!
Sezo
x

lunar_rabbit

You're welcome! That is a great spread!! I especially like the idea of the spokesperson for the deck. I can see how that could be used in many ways. Perhaps in a spread to get to know a new deck.

Can't wait to hear how it works out!

vernissage

Resolved? Maybe!

I did this spread last Sunday [with Thoth and Healing with the Faeries], but I've been so busy that this is the first I've had enough time to really get into explaining the results!

Right from the start, it was clear Thoth was excited about this spread -- the 2 of Swords (peace) jumped out of the deck while I was shuffling three times.

Thoth's main issue with Healing with the Faeries was that the faeries were too optimistic or 'rose-colored', and Healing thought Thoth was too rough, but it also respected it, pointing out that Thoth's readings came from a powerful source. The big issue they both agreed on was that they couldn't 'step back from the issues' and see the 'situation' between them for what it was. In the end, they both agreed the best way to deal with things for now was to simply tolerate and accept the other, be gracious and kind, but without disregarding their sense of selves. I think it's a reasonable attitude.

I haven't sensed any animosity between them since!

This is a great spread to let the decks communicate with each other and the querent -- it was like I had drawn a telephone and was listening in. I'm very pleased with its results and highly recommend it.

- V.

lunar_rabbit

That is very enlightening! How wonderful that you were able to eavesdrop on such a fascinating exchange between two very different personalities.

Thanks for sharing the results with us. I've been very curious about it ever since the topic came up.

persephone1

I apprecaite this idea actually as since I have been allowing my clients to choose their own deck, my thoth won't read for 'me', as in a personal read. It 'is' my main deck and if we had to equate it to human emotions, it seems to be acting jealous *chuckle*

I shall let you know if anything comes out of it!

Cheers

vernissage

Thank you both; I'm excited to hear of your own results, persephone!

persephone1

well it was interesting actually as I did not think anything would come out of it but my Thoth was similar to the above, feeling the Gilded was too soft and the Gilded thinking the Thoth was too harsh. I only used the major arcane for this. Well, they like each other but both agreed, and this was interesting, 7th card was high priestess on thoth and 6th with Gilded.....so they aren't the problem, it's me *chuckle*

They think I need to choose which one for what reads and not be such a moony person!~

It was interesting and fun!

Thanks !~

vernissage

I'm glad it provided some insight.

- V.

EnglishRose

What a very interesting spread, i can't wait to try it out.
Thanks for posting,
Sophie