Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Decks Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Astrology

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

lunalafey 
Citizen

Taurus vs. Capricorn

I work as a bartender, so I interact with alot of people.
I had one of my regular customers, who is a Taurus, say that Capricorns are Taurus wannabees....I had to say, 'How so? What makes you say that?'
She started in with stubborness and I said both are naturally stubborn.
It was a disscussion that I wanted to continue, but she got really defencive and said that we would not see eye to eye on the subject and did not want to talk about it. -well! I was not rude, did not deserve auch an attitude.
I wasn't trying to change her opinion, just share mine.
Regardless, I ended up being amused.
I tried to see where she might have come up with that opinion of Capricorns.
I see that both signs have alot in common, stubborness being one of them.
But the signs are very different as well. Some things that seem common, such as the Caps need for stuff and the Taurus' comfort with fine possessions are rooted in two very different fields. The Capi is practical with what they 'collect'- tools and such things that can be used, and the Taurus just wants it because it's pretty.

So what is my question?
Does a Capricorn want to be a Taurus?
{Cuz I think it's the other way around!

Old 16-05-2005 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
little_redfox 
Citizen

Im not sure about the Capricorn being a Taurus wannabe, but my fathers a Capricorn, and my brothers a Taurus and youve never met such totally different people. They have such different temprements and different hobbies, and are both lovely people in their own right - but my brother isnt remotely interested in any of my dads hobbies and visa-versa (apart from old cars, but thats just a bloke thing isnt it ? hehe). They get on ok tho but they're a bit like chalk and cheese. I'd say they are VERY, very typical of their star signs too - to the degree that if a resonably knowledgable astrologer met them, they'd prolly quite easily guess lol

LRF x

Last edited by little_redfox; 16-05-2005 at 20:55. Reason: Got words a bit muddled - lol
little_redfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2005 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
Elven 
Citizen

Smile

Well, I dont know if Capricorns are wanna be Taureans, but Im a Capricorn whose best friend is a Taurean and we have been best of friends for 38 years - which is quite an achievement I think .
Our relationship is one of complete admiration for the other. There is an unspoken understanding between us which would be hard to fathom. She is very forgiving and accepting. I am very supportive and compassionate. There is nothing that the other one does that freaks the other out. She knows me better than I know myself sometimes - which is a blessing, because I trust her sound judgement and she has been my saviour in many instances.
She has a great sense of humour which really appeals to me, and a generous nature. We compliment each other very well - as friends go.

So I think, as a Capricorn, it is more about admiration. Maybe it just takes a Capricorn and a Taurean 38 years to work that out!

Many Blessings
Elven x
Elven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2005 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
Leo62 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunalafey
So what is my question?
Does a Capricorn want to be a Taurus?
{Cuz I think it's the other way around!
A Capricorn is a Taurus with ambition!

Seriously - I have Capricorn ascendent and my partner has a Taurus moon - we get on pretty well. Both signs have stickability and don't give up easily (look at Elven's 38 year friendship!), but the downside of that is that both can be really, really stubborn. The tenacious goat and the determined bull can end up in a serious - and long-running - locking of horns. Neither is prepared to give ground when they think they are right. It really can be a case of the irresistable force versus the immovable object (guess which is which!).
Capricorn is a cardinal sign, whereas Taurus is fixed - and this points to a fundamental difference between the two. Cap likes to think it is going somewhere and doing something ALL the time - always looking for mountains to climb - whereas Taurus would rather take it easy, lounge on the sofa and enjoy a good meal.

To answer the question, I don't think either sign would want to be the other, because they both think their way is better...although I think Cap would like to be able to relax more like Taurus, and Taurus would like to be a bit more self-motivated like Cap, and actually get off that sofa and do something...!

Leo62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2005 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
Julien 
Citizen

Well, I just had to weigh in... I know you were talking about Sun signs, but I'm an Aries with a moon in Taurus and my Rising in Scorpio. I can pretty much match any Capricorn sun sign for stubbornness, ambition, structure and love of things... When I work, I really really work hard and with intensity. And when I relax, I really really relax... With intensity, you might say... Drives the Caps (in particular) in my life nuts -- which appears to be one of the major sun signs in my family so family reunions are most interesting... I tend to do better with Leos, Sagis and other Scorpios...

But I agree with Leo62 -- neither wants to be the other. Both are too certain their way is the best... Really. We are...

Julien
Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2005 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
isthmus nekoi 
Citizen

lunalafey,

I don't really think any sign necessarily wants to be another. It sounds more likely to me that your "regular" has issues w/Capricorn energy.
isthmus nekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2005 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
ncefafn 
Citizen

I'm a Taurus moon with a Capricorn ascendant, and I take issue with myself all the time.

Both my siblings and my father are Capricorn Suns. They're all very nice, easy-going people. I like Cappies. I like Tauruses (Tauri?). Neither sun sign has ever done me dirt, despite their inherent earthiness, or perhaps because of it.

I agree with Isthmus Nekoi -- your customer had issues. Probably just broke up with a Capricorn.

Kim

Old 17-05-2005 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
Julien 
Citizen

I second Isthmus Nekoi and Kim! (or is it third?). Someone had issues with someone else...

Julien
Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2005 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
lunalafey 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo62
To answer the question, I don't think either sign would want to be the other, because they both think their way is better...although I think Cap would like to be able to relax more like Taurus, and Taurus would like to be a bit more self-motivated like Cap, and actually get off that sofa and do something...!
Well put- I so agree.

Quote:
It sounds more likely to me that your "regular" has issues w/Capricorn energy.
I figured this as well, therefore did not mention that I was a Capricorn (a heavy one too). My guess is that it was a fellow female that caused such issues. (no break up with a cappie- I know that; he was a Libra)

Most Taurus' I have known have been male and most I have liked. It's that laid back, feet in the ground attitude.

great viewpoints, this is the sort of discussion I had hoped for at work....

Old 17-05-2005 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
squeakmo9 
citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven
Well, I dont know if Capricorns are wanna be Taureans, but Im a Capricorn whose best friend is a Taurean and we have been best of friends for 38 years - which is quite an achievement I think .
Our relationship is one of complete admiration for the other. There is an unspoken understanding between us which would be hard to fathom.
I totally agree with Elven, I am a Taurus (moon, sun, mercury, north node) and have been friends with a sun Cappie for 30 years and going. She is very funny, passionate (especially with her love of baseball-Yankees), and down to earth. Where she is wired, I'm laid back, where she's been much more open minded, I've been narrow minded. There are more times when she can go with the flow and I fight the current all the way and vice versa. She works smart while I just work hard (yes, we do get off the couch, sometimes)
and yet we share similar philosophies and ultimately believe the glass is half full rather than empty. We truly do compliment each other. The only draw back is that on that rare occasion when I make a new friend, I initially expect that same comfy feeling with the new person as I do with my Cappie buddy.
squeakmo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2005 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10