What was the first deck you owned?

Desert Dreamer

I got my first deck back in the 70's when I was a teen. I recently discoverd it was the 1JJ Swiss. I lost interest after a few months. Have no idea whatever happened to it.

Startarot

The forst deck I ever bought was the traditional RWS. I really did not like it very much, the colors seemed to pale to me. I did not know there was anything else I could use. This was about 13 years ago. It has only been in the last year that I have changed my view about the images on the RWS. Although, I do not use it for readings for myself,( I much prefer the Radiant version) it holds a place of honor on my shelf.

The 78th Fool

My first deck was bought when I was thirteen - a Swiss 1JJ. I still read with it.

Chris. xx

ihcoyc

My first deck was also a Swiss 1JJ. Got it in the early 1970s at a Spencer Gifts store. I learned to read it by memorizing the RWS images in the Eden Gray Bantam paperback and learning to associate those images with the Swiss cards.

Lady Tararith

The first deck I was brought was the Arthurian Hallowquest pack. My fiancee brought it me after I saw my sister's deck and liked it. I was 17 at the time (I'm now 18, LOL), so I haven't had it all that long.

Lady Tararith xx

tarobones

Universal Waite

My first deck was the Enchanted Tarot/ZernerFarber because my nieces all use it and have used it for a very long time. It's sort of the unofficial family deck because my nieces are so numerous. I have always preferred the Universal Waite myself. I never could identify with the Marseilles and Thoth style decks with their collections of pips and non-scenic minors. I just don't like that. I am very image oriented and very much appreciate scenes. They just come alive for me. Peace and blessings to all............Michael

seneris

I got my first deck from my aunt, as a gift. I was 19 at the time. It was the Karma Tarot. She bought it at a flea market, but couldn't use it. So she thought of me, isn't that sweet?
It's not a deck I use a lot, but I will never give it away or sell it, because it's very special to me.