Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Hanson-Roberts: Queen of Rods and the cat on her lap

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Hanson-Roberts Tarot

Citizen

mike gorth 
Citizen

Hanson-Roberts: Queen of Rods and the cat on her lap

I was just browsing through the deck and saw the cat. Does anyone know what the cat might mean?

Mike Gorth
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #1
Citizen

tarotlova 
Citizen

I always look at the cat as trusting your deepest intuition exspecially the more wild side of your thoughts/intuition some times dark some times light.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #2
Citizen

Flavio 
Citizen

There was a thread on the RWS about Queen's cat. The main conclusion was that cats are the only animals not afraid of the fire, actually they enjoy the fireplace heat, so it is natural for this fiery queen to have one cat as a pet.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #3
Citizen

gorgeousbutterfly 
Citizen

in " the tarot,history symbolism and divination" by Robert M. Place he states the queen of wands "her feline companion is the domestic represntative of the lion" . lions are related to leo, a fire sign, the house of the sun, and the ultimate ruler of fire"
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #4
Citizen

Flavio 
Citizen

I did a reading about a business relationship and this Queen appeared as "Fears" position, the conclusion was that in this reading the cat showed a lazy business partner that wasn's as enthusiastic and active as the Queen (the other partner).
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #5
Citizen

EarthFaery 
Citizen

I always thought of the cat as independant, doing it's own thing. They are faithful companions but also like to be on their own, which fits very well with this queen. I've heard that some see it as representing the future although I can't exactly remember why but I suspect it's because it's said that cats have some level of psychic ability...like being able to see spirits etc.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #6
Citizen

cSpaceDiva 
Citizen

I agree with the cat being representative of the lion. As I posted in the thread for VIII Strength, I see some definite similarities between these two cards. That cat may be sleeping on her lap, and the lion's head merely a carving on her throne, but this a powerful queen who can respond with force if she is ever challenged. I think she is someone who can purr like a pussycat and roar like a lion.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #7
Citizen

Mateo06 
Citizen

She had once been one to tame lions, but has ruler of her own suit can't entertain he fantasies of adventure. The cat is a reminder of her ability to tame with fire. It is also her friend and companion. Just like the strength card.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #8
Citizen

Girl Archer 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeousbutterfly View Post
in " the tarot,history symbolism and divination" by Robert M. Place he states the queen of wands "her feline companion is the domestic represntative of the lion" . lions are related to leo, a fire sign, the house of the sun, and the ultimate ruler of fire"
But what perplexes me is that, in the Hanson-roberts deck, there is the imagery of one fiery, roaring lion right above the king's head. Likewise, there is the lion imagery in the Queen card too resting beneath the hand holding the sunflower. So, which one of these cards REALLY shows a Leo?
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #9
Citizen

FallynRaiyn 
Citizen

I get contentment from the cat. Sleeping power. ......I have cats. too many cats. It doesn't matter how sound asleep they are, if they smell food, or you dangle something in front of them, anything, they are ON IT in an instant. 0-60 in less than a second. The Queen to me would seem to possess this, quiet and serene, but with an intense power underneath that she can access at a moments notice. ......The cat's sheathed claws would seem to fulfill part of this imagery too.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.