Ancestral path tarot

Moonchild1721

I really want the Ancestral Path Tarot. Does anyone have this deck? How do you like it?

breathlessmahoney

Ancestral Path

Hi Moonchild. I have the Ancestral Path, it was my first deck and I love it. I found that the images are very, for me anyway, easy to read and everytime I look at it I find something new. The art is beautiful and the cards are smallish and kinda square so they are pretty easy to shuffle. The entire deck is eyecatching without being loud. Hope you get it and love it as much as I do!

By the way, I have a lot on my wishlist, but right now my top 2 are the Rock & Roll Tarot (I'm not holding my breath) and the Revelations Tarot!

Grizabella

I have the Ancestral Path and it's a gorgeous deck. I haven't tried to read with it for awhile, but with a good basis in tarot, I think it would be easy for most people to read with. It's multi-cultural and I did alright with it till it came to the Middle Eastern/Egyptian cards and then I kind of floundered. I'm not that familiar with that culture like I am with the other three represented in the deck. I'd recommend it to anyone, even if only for the beautiful art work.

Moonchild1721

Thank you both for your input. Hopefully I will get the Ancestral Path Deck soon! The Revelations Tarot sounds interesting. I think I'm going to look into finding out more about that one too! My wishlist is jut going to keep geting longer and longer!
Samantha

WolfSpirit

Moonchild ~ I had this deck as main reading deck for a while. I can recommend this deck but I would recommend to get the book as well. It is not very expensive and really helpful, as a few things are different in this deck, for example, the story in the minors is told backwards (from 10 to 1) and a few cards have a different meaning from RWS.
My favourite suit is the sacred circles (pentacles) with Native Americans, it just feels so earthy and calm.
I had most problems to relate to the cups suit which tells the Arthurian legend with a very immature looking queen but overall I am very happy with this deck.

Flidais

Just to add my two cents -- I have used this deck for a few years and I really enjoy the multi-racial aspect of it. I also recommend the book by Tracey Hoover. She includes an interesting "Wheel of the Year" that offers astrological and seasonal associations for the cards that vary from what you get from Crowley and others. The sample spreads are also useful.

punchinella

Hi Moonchild,

I agree with WolfSpirit about the suit of sacred circles, I just absolutely love it & wish the whole deck felt as comfortable and homey!

I've had the deck for a couple of years now and find that I don't use it as much as I'd like though because the swords suit is somehow 'edgy' and tends to frighten me (the thought of pulling one of these cards puts me off the deck altogether). This is a bit strange since Japanese culture is something that I admire & feel a connection with . . . but something about the way most of the figures & landscapes, etc. are configured in this suit makes me nervous.

Does anybody else have this reaction?

Flidais

I think "edgy" is a good word to describe the Swords suit -- although I love Dream Woman. I don't mind drawing those cards.

I sometimes have trouble with the Sacred Circles because of the "bounty of the earth" theme (as opposed to the more traditional finances, etc.) I do many readings for people who simply are not "save the earth" types -- and some of the cards just don't seem to apply very well to them.

punchinella

Yeah Flidais I can see how this could be a problem!