Inner Child by Isha Lerner

daneo52

I would like to buy these for a friend of mine, and when I went to Amazon to order them, it looks like there are 2 sets available, one older and one newer. Are these the same thing?

For those who use this deck, do you enjoy it?

Thank you!

Genna

The best deck ever made(except The Faeries´Oracle).

I enjoy my deck very much.There is really no difference between the decks;only the older one has a bound book that will last longer.There is some difference in the name too I think.

There is a study book that compares the Inner Child Tarot with R-W meanings for the cards.It´s good,but you don´t need it.
This deck was calling to me from the shelf in the store,and I´m so happy I didn´t pass it by.It is a delight for all - young and old.

The only problem is the very large cards.You have to invent your own way to deal them.I put them in a lot of little piles;collect them and cut.Isha Lerner insisted on the large size because of the wonderful artwork.

Everyone with the slightest fondness for those old well-loved fairy-tales,or with children,or grand-children,or an inner child,however neglected, should own a set.
Isha Lerner thought the fairy tales were putting women down,but learnt otherwise from her daughter´s school teacher, and Isha and her then husband decided to make this deck,and dedicate it to their oldest daughter.

I gave my friend´s son this deck(the new edition),and the study book too.He is eleven years old,and he liked it much better than the Lord of the Rings deck he already owned.He´s even struggling with the English to be able to read the books himself,and he told me how much he loves the art of these cards.

Myrrha

I just got these cards in trade (Thank you Lunakasha!) and am enjoying them very much. The fairy tales don't seem to get in the way like some other themes do. The artist tried to give a niave air to the paintings, almost like fingerpainting, but he obviously really knows what he is doing as the skies and seas and flowers are all built up out of layers of color. The minors depart from RWS in ways that are intelligent and thoughtful. Yes, the cards are huge but the artwork really does need the large size. The cards are also somewhat flimsy but don't feel "cheap" and are well printed.

I can't think of a nicer deck set to get as a present for a friend.
:)
--Myrrha

Logiatrix

daneo52 said:
I would like to buy these for a friend of mine, and when I went to Amazon to order them, it looks like there are 2 sets available, one older and one newer. Are these the same thing?

For those who use this deck, do you enjoy it?

Thank you!
I love, love, love this deck! :D

It is one of the most uplifting decks you can find,
without being sickly-sweet or condescending. Personally,
I find t very healing, and querents love getting readings
with it.

Just like genna said, the older version has a hardback
book, a pinkish box and a slightly different title; the
newer version has the soft-bound book in a yellow box,
with the subtitle "...A Fairy Tale Tarot."

I also noticed a difference in card quality. I've had my
beloved deck for over six years, or basically, since the
deck set was first released. I purchased a newer version
last year, and was disheartened by the stiff, super-slick
cards. The older cards are more flexible (but not flimsy),
and the coating is more matte-like.

I didn't like the newer version of cards, so I returned that
set and bought another older version off of eBay. Incidentally,
that's a solid sign of how much I like these cards; I tend to
acquire duplicates of all my favorite decks.

Although the older deck has all my preferred traits when it
comes to card quality, Your Mileage May Vary. Either way, old
version or new version, a gift of the Inner Child Cards is
sure to please.
:)

daneo52

re

Thank you! I thought no one was going to reply to my mail. The old one does sound much better, and I will try to get that one. I may have to get one for myself as well after such glowing reviews...