Karmic Astrology?

WhiteRaven

Has anyone read the book "Karmic Astrology...The Moon's Nodes and Reincarnation" by Martin Schulman?

If so, what did you think of the book?

WR

dadsnook2000

Once upon a time

Once upon a time I had that book . . . and about 300 others that I discarded because I needed the room. I've met Martin a long time ago in Boston at a lecture he gave. His views were interesting and might seem appropriate if they appeared to "fit" with what you felt. Other than psychic readings, dreams and other inputs, how would you ever verify his premises? There may be a rare case or two where someone would deduce some verifiable historic information and then be able to make a case for a past life . . . a future life would be tough. So, if you feel comfortable with his book and this material, then enjoy it. I can tell you that he was very passionate and sincere about what he said. Dave

WhiteRaven

Well, to be quite honest with you, I'm not very impressed with what I've read so far. I'm not too sure about this book.

Thank you for the input! :)

Minderwiz

I've not read this particular book but I have read one of the others in the series - Retrogrades and Reincarnation.

I certainly don't discount the possibility that Astrology can produce some indicators that could be construed as past lives or karmic 'debt'. However, as Dave says, how do we verify it.

Now I'm quite willing to accept the possibility of past lives and I once attended a weekend meeting organised by the Scottish Society for Psychical Research. Their President, Archie Roy, had quite a lot of compelling evidence for past lives - though he was careful to point out that many stories or 'evidence' collected could be explained in a 'normal' scientific way. Nevertheless, there was a fairly substantial residue which could not be explained by any other means.

But - none of Roy's evidence was Astrological in nature, it rested on psychic dreams or accounts given in the main by young children of events that they could not have possibly known of, yet which could be verified factually. This leaves me with a position that says, yes past lives may be genuine phenomena but, none of the verification seems to come from looking at an Astrological chart.

If someone has come across compelling Astrological evidence that can be verified, I'd love to know it because in principle there's no reason why a chart cannot be projected back beyond a person's birth.

M-Press

Surprisingly (!!!) I have read both these books. I wish I had them here now, but I'm at a hotel in Florida somewhere, and they are at home, so...

In general, I like these books. But i like to read many books on the same subject , especially when it comes to astrology. I find that they all add something. I find the thing with our karmic debts, seems a difficult issue, as it is not easy to see and more further accept, the places where we need to "correct" in life. The interesting thing about the North nodes though, is that they are translated in Kaballah (same thing, different terms), as our TIKOUN, meaning what we need to repair. At least here, we also get hints on "how", which is a very important part of the exploration...

After I have read that in a couple of Kabbala sources, but also in Jen Spiller's "Astrology for the Soul" (which deals specificly with the North node, and more in depth), I can say that I identify, but it is not easy. I guess a part of the "work" needed to be done... These are the most hidden and difficult things that come up for us, way more archetypal that "what happened with as because of the way our parents treated us", and so on... It's things that are not obvious, and that no shrink can tell you either...

Since mentioned, his book on Retrogrades and Reincarnation, is definitely good, and has a very interesting breakdown of teh three stages of teh retrograde affect. he summarises it in three sentences, and I have read them many times, and still hardly understand them--I do believe though that these sentences are KEY to explore the retro issues...
And well, this book is quite depressing to my opinion, as after I realise how complex I have become becasue my venus is retro, I still don't know what to do with it (especially on a bad day), so understanding how it came to be, in this case, is not helpful yet. Maybe in a few years, or after many more re-readings, I will find a productive way to use that information...

i like these books. They have some profound honesty in them, they don't just try to please.... One can definitely tell Shulman was passionate and sincere... Definitely original work...

dadsnook2000

For what its worth

For what its worth I have my N.Node on my Descendant, give or take a degree. And relationships are definitely something I always have to work at. With the Node at the Sag/Cap cusp and the angle, I tend to be a free thinker in terms of my getting close to someone, and with the Cap side of it, I tend to be a little reserved about treating a relationship easily. So, his books certainly strike me as possibly being appropriate in terms of what I have to work on. But, linking an observed phenomena of the N.Node to being a karmic signature and tying into other karmic aspects is still quite a leap. Dave

WolfyJames

I have a french book here written by an adept of Edgar Cayce. He made many sessions and all of them were transcripted. He often mentionned astrology as a way to know people's karma. An institute was created by his family and all his transcrips have been condensed there. People can go there and read them. Lots of studies are being done there base on his texts. The author spent many years in the US translating in French many texts to publish them. She also had to clean them because Edgar Cayce kept quoting the Bible all the time when he was in trance. She published at some point a book on Karmic astrology based on the Edgar Cayce's texts. This is the only book I have on the subject and I bought it in the time I was studying astrology (almost ten years ago). The book was written by Dorothée Koechlin de Bizemont. Unfortunatly, I can't find the book and I'm worried I might have gotten rid of it when I made my indepth cleaning. :( Stupid me! Anyway it was an interesting book.

dadsnook2000

For WolfyJames

WJ, I have that book -- one of the ones I didn't throw away with the other 300+. I have been to the Edgar Cayce institute in Virginia Beach, VA, USA and found it to be a very nice place for study and research. You can join the institute and then borrow books and tapes by mail at very low cost, mostly to cover the mailing. I have a dear friend that does that.

One of the many interesting points that Cayce makes, as an example, is that "Saturn is where you refuse to grow." While extending this logic leads you to more conventional interpretations of Saturn, his way of describing this planet puts a whole new light on it. I've found his books fascinating but I do get a little disturbed by his heavy emphasis on religion -- maybe that is where I refuse to grow! Dave.

WolfyJames

dadsnook2000 said:
WJ, I have that book -- one of the ones I didn't throw away with the other 300+. I have been to the Edgar Cayce institute in Virginia Beach, VA, USA and found it to be a very nice place for study and research. You can join the institute and then borrow books and tapes by mail at very low cost, mostly to cover the mailing. I have a dear friend that does that.

One of the many interesting points that Cayce makes, as an example, is that "Saturn is where you refuse to grow." While extending this logic leads you to more conventional interpretations of Saturn, his way of describing this planet puts a whole new light on it. I've found his books fascinating but I do get a little disturbed by his heavy emphasis on religion -- maybe that is where I refuse to grow! Dave.

Well, it's official, I can't find it. :( It's unfortunate because it was an interesting book. I only worked on my chart with the book and it said interesting things about my past life. You can also find what sort of relationship you had in past lives with your parents and siblings. My father came up as a lover or a husband, which explains a little our weird relationship and in my mother's case I was surprised to find... nothing. I was surprised because my mother and I are very close and I would even say symbiotic. I told her that we've never met before and her guardian confirmed her it was our first life together, same with my brother. It's a book worth checking out.