Does anyone use the Revelations deck ? ..I just bought it.

Seaqueen

I had to special order this deck as it came out in May 2005 .... I waited almost 3 weeks and when I finally got the deck and book (kit) I could not put it down. I use the Rider deck often but have at least 3 other favorite decks including a Romanian multi language deck..depending on my mood and how I want to receive information.
I have not done a reading yet with the Revelations deck because I usually meditate on each card first to familiarize myself with how it speaks to me.

I was wondering if anyone had experience with this deck yet and wanted to offer any input.

Sulis

Hi Seaqueen,

I don't have this deck myself but it's been discussed here a lot. The deck's creator is a member of the forums and has posted in the threads about this deck.

You may find these threads interesting:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=25676&highlight=adflatus
http://www.tarotforum.net/search.php?searchid=276127

There is also a study group over in the Tarot Study Groups forum. Here's a link t to the study group index: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=529847#post529847

Love

Sulis xx

Little Baron

I am really impressed by what I have seen of this deck so far.

I am hoping that I may see it in a shop at some point in the UK. Very lovely art work and I really like the 'double-ended' card idea - would sure help with reversals.

LB

tao51

I feel that his was the most significant deck for 2005! I use it regularly. I particularly useful with complex questions. The artwork is wonderful. The book is well-written and full of ideas. --Tao

Seaqueen

Thanks Sulis for the links.

Eco74

I've yet to use the cards, but have started reading the book and it's really one of the most well-written introductions to the cards I've ever read.
The artwork also matches the book because it's clear that a lot of thought has gone into the creation of the cards.

A very beautiful and absolutely brilliant set indeed and when I'm more familiar with the cards and the book has been read through I'll revel in doing my first spread with it.
I'm already reveling in my mind. :)

FaintlyMacabre

I haven't tried reading with mine yet or read the book (just too many decks...too little time), but I've really enjoyed mine. I don't normally read with reversals but just looking through the deck has sparked me several new insights into the card meanings.

Diana

Little Baron

As I said, I have been quite interested in this one. I saw a few samples that I really liked and I was also interested in the double-ended cards. I took a look at the artists website today where the whole deck can be seen. There are some beautiful designs there (very talented artist), but I am less sure if I want to buy it now. Not because it is not a nice deck, but because I am getting to grips with the Thoth (slowly, but surely) and I am not sure I want to interupt that study; also that, at the moment, I am not sure it would give me anymore than the Crowley deck.

I will continue to look at these threads though as it is very inspiring addition to the world of tarot and I can imagine that the artist will have a lot of success with it.

LB