Quartz rocks, not really crystals

Myrrha

Up in the woods near my parents' place in Vermont there are some quartz rocks and boulders. They aren't clear like crystals but white semi-translucent. I put some medium sized pieces in the garden and they seemed to amplify the cheerfulness and positive energy of the place.

Do the crystal books say anything about quartz rocks? Do any of you use them or keep them around for their beauty? I guess that a quartz rock wouldn't have the highly organized mollectular structure of a crystal, but still they felt uplifing and softly energetic. A lovely gift from the earth.

--Myrrha

Myrrha

That's it! Thanks Emeraldgirl. I brought some small pieces back and they look just like that picture.

wizzle

More than you ever wanted to know about quartz

Your rock, as Emeraldgirl says, sounds like snow quartz. Or it could be a type of agate.

Quartz 101 - for those who need to know...

Quartz is a huge group of minerals, and many are discussed under names other than "quartz." My rock book (not a metaphysical book) lists the following as being within the quartz group

rock crystal
smoky quartz
amethyst
citrine
prasiolite
rose quartz
aventurine
prase
blue quartz
tiger's and hawk's eye
chalcedony
cornelian
sard
chrysoprase
heliotrope
agate (a vast array of types)
jasper
granite

Here's a website that discusses many of these stones from a metaphysical viewpoint

http://www.peacefulmind.com/stones.htm

My experience is that stones/rocks we find ourselves are among the most powerful and meaningful. I have quite a number of rocks in my garden I've "harvested" myself while on trips. The rest of the crew are out hiking or whatever while I'm loading rocks into the car. <<grin>> They laugh, but I say it's just as good exercise as hiking and you have something to show for the trip. My plants grow best near the granite I've brought home. I even have chunks of granite in the house for when I need heavy protection.

Your white quartz sounds wonderful. How nice to find it and be able to put it in your garden. I'm sure it is a special blessing for your home.

Myrrha

Hi Wizzle, thanks for the link and the information! Interesting that granite is also quartz, and agate. I wouldn't have thought that.

--Myrrha

Tarotphelia

All quartz is good quartz -- sounds like you made a wonderful find Myrrha !