Silver Pyrite

Deszroo

Hi....has any of you worked with Silver Pyrite before...I have a few in cube form...I've read some descriptions about it...mostly they mention the gold pyrite. In any case, it would be great to hear from others experiences and applications with silver pyrite?.

Deszroo

wizzle

marcasite

I'm only familiar with silver pyrite in the form of marcasite jewelry. It is my favorite stone. It's very calming and soothing. Very grounding. I was attracted to marcasite long before I knew anything about the value of crystals in healing.

tabbycat

I have a pyrite sphere about two inches across which is more silver than gold. It isn't a perfect sphere - because of the nature of the mineral its surface has cracks and caves full of crystalline pyrite which catch the light and glitter, and due to the iron content it's heavier than you'd expect. I don't really use it and I bought it because it was just so pretty! It has a nickname - I call it Heart of a Star, which was the first thing I thought when I held it in my palm and it twinkled at me.

Jilly

daveyboy

They're chemically pretty much the same, main difference is probably the fact it hasn't been left open to the air.

Leaving it open to the air causes it to tarnish. :)