New Deck Interview - Golden Tarot (kind of long)

bleuivy

I have been wanting to "interview" my new Golden Tarot for a few days, and then, wonderfully, FireRaven posted her New Deck Interview spread. Here's my results, with my interpretation.

New Deck Interview: The Golden Tarot

1. Tell me about yourself. What are your most important characteristics? Knight of Coins

Ohhh, a night for most important characteristics. Interesting. I think here, the Knight of Coins means the deck is one I can stick with for a very long time, and one that will adapt and grow with me. The knight on a journey indicates that this deck is a real work horse, and one that will 'travel' well though life. If that makes sense.

2. What are your strengths as a deck? Eight of Wands

I think this means the deck is capable of being an all around deck, and can deal with many different (and complex) issues at once. One I can turn to for all sorts of issues. As this is the 8 of wands, I think this deck's strength is also that it might be especially helpful in the field of creativity.

3. What are your limits as a deck? The Emperor

Well, my first reaction was this: Some of the cards in the deck I just do not like. There are very few though (probably under 5), but this is my most disliked card. This specific card just does not speak to me at all. I guess that means this deck sometimes just won't be able to speak to me, and that I might have to use it in conjunction with another deck, or take a break from it from time to time. On second though, the Emperor does look sort of mesmerized; perhaps he is flooded with too much information?

4. What do you bring to the table? What are you there to teach me? Judgement

This card just tells me so much. What is this deck there to teach me? About enlightenment; that there are better things just over the horizon; (somewhat conversely) that all good things come to an end; that it is sometimes best to place your trust in someone else rather than going it alone; accepting myself and being truthful to others about who I am, what I've done, and where I'm going; and being at peace with myself.

5. How can I best learn from and collaborate with you? Ten of Coins

I usually read it as stability and partnership, and perhaps comfort and a happy home life. As how I can best work with the deck, I'm sort of confused. I think I'll decide to read it two ways: 1) I should trust the deck, and work with it to get to know it better. 2) I suppose this card could also be telling me to use it for many different types of reading. Don't get stagnant with it. Challenge yourself. I'm not really sure though.

6. What is the potential outcome of our working relationship? Three of Wands

The beginning of a beautiful friendship. Me seeing my ship come in, and the completion of one stage of my journey and the beginning of another.

Base card: Queen of Wands

For some reason, I decided to look at the base card, and am glad I did, as the QoW is one of my favourite cards in the deck. I think it reinforces my interpretation of the 8oW, that this deck will be especially useful in the maturation of my creativity.

Reduces: 12 - The Hanged Man (Excluding the QoW)

I think this is further indication that this deck will really work to shift my perspective. As I am currently in my Hanged Man year, this is a good omen, I think. Perhaps it means this deck will have special relevance for me in this year specifically.

Well that's it. I really had alot of fun with this spread, and dug into the cards to let them speak to me as much as they wanted. Am glad I did. The fact that this reading is so long (I cut a lot out to post it in the forums), I think, tells me that the deck really speaks to me v. loudly and clearly.

What do you think? :)

loren

hi bleuivy. i am neophyte in tarot reading. i just started few days back. i wanted to do this spread and i am just confused on how do u select the card? do you make a big fan out out it and randomly pick 6 decks?

Sheri

Hi bleuivy!

I also got a powerful reading using the Firemaiden's spread with this deck!

I was thinking about what you said about the Emperor and the position the card is in within the spread - limitations of the deck.

Perhaps, by showing you a card that is not one that you connect with - and a Majors, too - it is suggesting that being comprised of cards that you don't connect with is in fact the limitation? I think that the 2, 3 and 5 position cards in this reading all tie together and reinforce each other. One of the decks strengths is to enhance and bring out your creativity, one of the limits is that there are cards that you don't connect with, what you will gain from a collaboration with the deck is that you will challenge yourself through using the deck for different readings (facing and overcoming the limitation). I think it could also mean that you can use the deck in different ways as well.

I am also in a Hanging Man year! I think that you are correct in your interpretation of your base and reducing cards (these weren't part of the reading I did). I think that receiving the Hanged Man is also a reinforcing comment on how the deck will help you overcome your perceived limitations - that you don't connect with some of the cards. You are being told that you will.

I think this was a great reading, bleuivy! I hope you enjoy working with the Golden as much as I have!

valeria

Shelii

I was thinking about what you said how you were a bit confused with the emperor card that came out for the decks limits. I know all decks are different but i took a look at the emperor card that i have in my deck. The deck i have is the Wonderland deck. And the emperor is the cat sitting high in a tree. And he kind of has a viscous look on his face yet still smiling. To me that would be read as that he has very few limits. Not only is he high in power but he also can be very honest. Giving the look on his face. Being high up in a tree shows that his limit is as far as his tree(you) will go.

Now this is just what i understand of it. I am somewhat new to reading but this is what im getting.

Hope this helps.

Jaqueline

It's kinda the personality of the Emporer to keep everyone at arm's length anyway. Doesn't mean he won't pop up when needed. I enjoyed your reading - this is "my" deck too & I love it. Also think my fave card is the QofW!

irmata

Another vote here for the Queen of Wands - she is strikingly beautiful <3 That is the card that first drew my attention to this deck. (Though I have to admit that I love the Death card too.) Deck interviews are so much fun and this one works especially well. It seems you will be having many happy readings together :)

Professor X

Question.

You could take this spread idea and interview a person just like you could the deck?

If you wanted to find all about a person that you interact with to see
what type of person they are you could use this spread. Correct?

flameofjoy

bleuivy said:
. . . Base card: Queen of Wands

For some reason, I decided to look at the base card, and am glad I did, as the QoW is one of my favourite cards in the deck. I think it reinforces my interpretation of the 8oW, that this deck will be especially useful in the maturation of my creativity.

Reduces: 12 - The Hanged Man (Excluding the QoW)

I think this is further indication that this deck will really work to shift my perspective. As I am currently in my Hanged Man year, this is a good omen, I think. Perhaps it means this deck will have special relevance for me in this year specifically. . . . .

I realize this original post was made back in 2005, but could anyone shed a bit of light on the above quoted part from the post? Specifically about the base card and the reduction. Is that part of the New Deck Interview? Or just a bit added that some people do?

If so, what is the relevance of each, and how is the reduction calculated, i.e. what is the procedure, and please explain about the "year". The poster said she was in her hanged man year. What is that in reference to and how is it calculated. Is it related to "profected years" in astrology, or along similar lines as this?

Also, if there is a resource that explains any of these concepts or techniques, please pass it along.

It's a very interesting spread! Thanks,

fj