Recommend deck for a teenager

Moonchild1721

I'd second the Lover's Path Tarot. How about the Whimisical Tarot? Or the Goddess Tarot. Does she like Halloween? The Halloween Tarot has light hearted Halloween images based on the Rider-Waite. Or the Alice in Wonderland Tarot.
Samantha

Genna

I´d second The Alice in Wonderland Tarot(or Wonderland Tarot as it is sometimes called).Tarot of Mermaids is lovely too.So is Inner Child,but a teenager might find it childish now,and not apreciate it until she´s grown-up(it´s a favourite of mine).OH,I almos forgot Golden Tarot.

Cerulean

Zernar Farber is the smaller version of Enchanted, book "Instant Tarot Reader"

in a set. Nice fabric collages, very pretty. Enchanted is larger and has a gorgeous color book as a set.

If she liked paintings, Old English by U.S. Games has a nice booklet.

If she likes photography, I think Gendron is quite feminine, if I remember it right.

But perhaps the suggestions of animals or the anime-style Fey is also good. The Animals Divine is coming out in August--or the Celtic Dragon if she is into magical
dragon stories!

Cerulean

RiccardoLS

NEVER understimate a teenager.
Give her/him a deck that is challenging.

Ric

tao51

I love the Zerner-Farber--it is a wonderful first deck. There are so many themed decks that that may be a good way to select a deck. Base it on her interests.--Tao

Emily

There is also the Spiral - that might appeal and its easy to read.

The Gilded, or one of the re-coloured Rider Waites - Universal or Radiant.

The Quest Tarot - The Forest Folklore is a nice one too.

So many decks - so little time :D

Little Baron

As an alternative, you could always take her out for a birthday lunch somewhere where there is a shop if it is near and she could choose one herself. You can't go wrong that way.

LB

tao51

That is a great idea! I did that once for a relative. She selected the Universal Rider-Waite.--Tao

Cerulean

Little Black Book of the Tarot and Hanson Roberts

I almost picked up the Hanson Roberts Tarot after thumbing through this book:

Little Black Book of the Tarot:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?isbn=1593599625&itm=12

As a snappy 'happening' lingo, partly it described the "Knight of Pentacles" as a guy who had to buy the ____ $300 pair of sports shoes and 'bling-bling" to get his feeling of 'fitting in'...I think this was the reversal. Anyway, it was a funny novelty that will fast age one amid the 2005 slang...

But in the meantime, if you also get the Hanson Roberts by itself or a minikit, this might give a teen into girly and fun ideas a yen for a little more...I had never seen a slangier version of tarot described...it was funny and fun. I saw it at Borders, but you might be able to find it also on Amazon.com, abebooks.com and other discount places...from three to five dollars...

http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?y=0&tn=little+black+book+of+tarot&x=0

Chuckling actually,

Cerulean

goddesscarlie

Cerulean, that book sounds delightful! I think I might have to get it myself!